Article discussion thread:2009 Best Project Design Contest Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article discussion thread:2009 Best Project Design Contest Voting

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: 2009 Best Project Design Contest Voting

I voted but how hard is this to choose your favorite one when 3-4 are excellent and all are so very good.

136 entries. WOW. I wish the pics were a little larger and clearer, but over all nice presentation. Thanks for giving us a vote!

Those are some really a tough decisions to make. I have no Idea how the judges do it.

C'mon everyone vote!
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 01-22-2010, 03:27 PM.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I got my voting done. I thought it was interesting that there were way more intarsia/segmentation entries than any other category. Considering all the whining people do when there are "too many" articles on it in the magazine A few looked to be marquetry but it was hard to tell by the pictures.

Great job everyone who entered!
      Janette
      www.square-designs.com

Comment

I'm still waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for the pictures to load. I get the dreaded x's and have to re-load everything all over again.
        T
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Each time I reload I have to vote again to get to the next page - wondering if my votes get counted each time??
          T
          Last edited by Forester21; 01-22-2010, 04:29 PM. Reason: double post
          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Too many great projects. It was a very tough choice. Congratulations to all the contestants!
            -- Rick --

Comment

There are some absolutely fabulous projects in there!

I would have liked to have looked at the large versions in a slideshow rather than having to click on each individually. The thumbnails are fine for identification, but don't give any sense of the actual project and there was a lot of back and forth.

I also would have liked to have been able to look at each set out of order.

And with only four compound cut pieces I'm now REALLY sad that I didn't get mine done in time At least I have a head start for next year!

--Rob

Comment

I agree Rob, it took forever to open each one, then close it etc. Thumbnails were way too small to see. Seeing some side by side would have been good too.
                Janette
                www.square-designs.com

Comment

Marvelous work!! Everyone who submitted an entry should be very proud! It's hard to pick from so many fantastic examples of woodcrafting.

I didn't see any work from "Junior Scrollers." Was that category eliminated?
                  Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Great work all entrys are great even give some out there ideas thank you atc

Comment

Wow!!!

Now those are some great designs. I had a very hard time deciding which to vote for.

I too would have liked a scroll thru option per category.

That said great job all in all.
                      Kip

Scrollin' with an Ex-21

http://eco-friendly-woodworks.com/

I WAITED patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
                      He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
                      And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
                      He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
                      Many will see and fear
                      And will trust in the Lord.
                      Psalm 40:1-3

Comment

Those were some great projects!!!!! The hardest to choose from was the intarsa/segmented work. (And, I agree with Janette on this one - I am not an intarsa guy but dang that was some beautiful intarsa work).

Overall, There were too many pieces that could have (and in my head - did) take my vote. But finally, I did choose one in each category.

Everybody who entered should be proud of their work and I appreciate that you shared it with us.

Thanks
                        John
                        Last edited by Powakee; 01-24-2010, 12:05 PM. Reason: needed more words
                        I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                        About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                        "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Originally posted by Scrolling Days View Post
                          Marvelous work!! Everyone who submitted an entry should be very proud! It's hard to pick from so many fantastic examples of woodcrafting.

I didn't see any work from "Junior Scrollers." Was that category eliminated?
                          Yes it was-because I was the only one to enter that category.
                          So they eliminated the category and put my two entrys in: Traditional Fretwork and General Scroll Saw.
                          Nathan Krupp

Comment

Very impressive work! Hard to choose amongst so many top notch pieces!
                            Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                            Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                            Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                            Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - yes, a slide show would have been more convenient - we'll work on that for the future.

As Nathan mentioned - we only had TWO entries in the junior category - and both were from Nathan... at least in compound there was someone to compete against!

Yes - I was also VERY surprised at the number of entries in intarsia/segmentation. And yes - we ended up putting marquetry in that category as well.

I'm eager to see what you guys pick!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                                Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
                                by Jim McDonald
                                For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
                                Today, 11:14 AM
                              • Ennobee
                                Celtic knot-shamrock cross
                                by Ennobee
                                My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Yesterday, 02:11 PM
                              • Ennobee
                                by Ennobee
                                Hi Jim.
                                glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
                                Yesterday, 01:30 PM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
                                08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Daddy's scroller
                                by Daddy's scroller
                                Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
                                08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
                              Working...
                              X