The Italian Funeral Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Italian Funeral Dog

An Italian man was leaving a convenience store with his espresso when he noticed a most unusual Italian funeral procession approaching the nearby cemetery.

A black hearse was followed by a second black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary Italian man walking a dog on a leash. Behind him, a short distance back, were about 200 men walking single file.

The man couldn't stand the curiosity. He respectfully approached t he Italian man walking the dog and said:

"I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a Italian funeral like this. Whose funeral is it?"

"My wife's."

''What happened to her?"

"She yelled at me and my dog attacked and killed her."

He inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The Italian man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."

A very poignant and touching moment of Italian brotherhood and silence passed between the two men.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

The man replied, "Get in line."
    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• GladeFade
    Reply to My covid angel
    by GladeFade
    First off how thick is the board you cut?
    When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
    that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
    for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
    Yesterday, 11:05 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Wooden Headstone
    by Linda In Phoenix
    I am stunned at the fact it wasn't rotted or termite destroyed. That must've been one blessed lady. Thank you for what you all are doing!
    Yesterday, 10:43 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Hard Woods for low $$$
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Pretty boards. Our Walmart didn't have any when I went. Thank you for sharing though.
    Yesterday, 10:41 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to My covid angel
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Looking at the image, I would sand down the clouds a bit on the left (as you're looking at it)....to make it look like the clouds on the right are the closest to you. Then with the clouds to the left being less pronounced it will make it look more like he is sitting on them. Humorous design choice...
    Yesterday, 10:40 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Tough Decisions
    by Linda In Phoenix
    I would have to agree that I've not personally made many designs from the magazine, as I have progressed to making most of my own designs. However, I do enjoy some of the reviews and other articles---as well as checking out techniques of others. I debated as well, but decided to renew. Now I just...
    Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Working...
X