Drinking & Driving Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking & Driving Warning

I would like to share an experience with you, about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at the Marriott Hotel and had a few too many beers and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a bus home.
    Sure enough I passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it.
    Time wasted doing something you enjoy is not wasted time.

I think I might have been on that bus!

hehehehe . . . . that was a cute one.
    John
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

So that's where my bus went. Thanks for the morning laugh.

george
      A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
      George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
        Reply to Wood identification needed
        by Rolf
        This site should be on every woodworkers computer. https://www.wood-database.com/ As has been said the first image is Wenge....
        Today, 07:38 AM
      • handibunny
        Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
        by handibunny
        I couldn't resist (too long since any new toys) and ordered a blacklight flashlight from Amazon--same price as Harbor Freight. Should be here Tuesday--can't wait to see all the glue spots I've missed.
        Today, 07:01 AM
      • handibunny
        by handibunny
        If you google "Moradillo" you'll get more information than you'll ever need. It looks like it will work up beautifully.
        Today, 06:59 AM
      • dgman
        by dgman
        The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
        Yesterday, 10:40 PM
      • vgraf
        Wood identification needed
        by vgraf
        I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
        Yesterday, 09:31 PM
      Working...
      X