Aren't those the truth.

george

Leave a comment:

• ASDLF22
    replied
    Nice! Thanks for sharing...

Leave a comment:

• Powakee
    started a topic A history of political observations!!!

A history of political observations!!!

* The problem with political jokes is they get elected. ~Henry Cate, VII

* We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop

* If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these acceptance speeches there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven. ~Will Rogers

* Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato

* Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. ~Nikita Khrushchev

* When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it. ~Clarence Darrow

* Why pay money to have your family tree traced; go into politics and your opponents will do it for you. ~Author Unknown

* If God wanted us to vote, he would have given us candidates. ~Jay Leno

* Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel. ~John Quinton

* Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

* I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. ~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952

* A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country. ~Texas Guinan

* Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so. ~Gore Vidal

* I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. ~Charles de Gaulle

* Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks. ~Doug Larson

* Don't vote, it only encourages them. ~Author Unknown

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
    Reply to Having a Betty week
    by handibunny
    Sorry to hear of your refrigerator troubles, but glad that Jane is doing well. Hope her recovery continues in that direction. Please send her our regards!
    Today, 03:11 PM
  • Bill Wilson
    Reply to And now for the questions
    by Bill Wilson
    Improvisation is certainly acceptable, but some patterns are less forgiving than others. As someone else already said, learn to follow the lines as closely as possible. If you wander from the pattern lines, it is usually best if it is intentional. It takes some time and practice, so don't get too...
    Today, 01:00 PM
  • markdavd
    Reply to And now for the questions
    by markdavd
    The lines matter if you are making a multi-layer project if you need things to line up, otherwise it's artist's interpretation.
    Today, 11:24 AM
  • RJweb
    Reply to Having a Betty week
    by RJweb
    Good luck for your wife and hope she is feeling better, that sucks on the refrigerator, RJ...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • RJweb
    Reply to How to start the day
    by RJweb
    Good to hear, supporting the local business, we had our roof replaced back in September they had 11 (9 guys 2 girls ). Down here they only do 1 layer, so they removed old and replace any bad roof plywood, they did a great job, RJ...
    Today, 10:58 AM
Working...
X