The Promised Land ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Promised Land ?

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Some time later, both our religious and political leaders said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this--- is--- the Promised Land."

Today, Congress has stolen your shovel, done what they could to make it illegal to publicly pray, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and rewarded those who got us to mortgage the Promised Land and then stole the money!

I was so depressed last night thinking about the inability of our political leaders to work together on a Health Care Plan for all Americans, the economy, the wars that are now "preemptive wars," lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc ......... I called a Suicide Hotline.

I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck......

Folks, we're screwed!
    I've Got A Lot More To Learn
    About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
    "~~ Molly Venter

Sounds about right to me.

george
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Ahhh... another day in paradise, living the dream....
      Douglas Fraser
      Eagle River, Alaska

My Gallery - Aurora Wood Crafts

Comment

for real

aint that the truth, thanks
        butch

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
          Today, 10:32 AM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by Sandy Oaks
          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
          Today, 09:46 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by NC Scroller
          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
          Today, 07:42 AM
        • NC Scroller
          by NC Scroller
          I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
          Today, 07:39 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          by Linda In Phoenix
          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
          Yesterday, 10:01 PM
        Working...
        X