You never know who you will meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know who you will meet

The Wife and I got a treat yesterday (Sat) morning, I took her out for her birthday breakfast to one of our local family restaurants and setting up at the main entrance was this guy who does wood carvings and burnings, he had several roosters out which the wife just loves so we stopped to look, the gentleman introduced himself to us and explained what he did and how, Lisa loved his work and bought a heart with our names burned into it with tiny red hearts burned all around it, turns out his name is Chris Lubkemann hes from Lancaster PA and is a bonifide Fox Chaple author of several wood carving and burning books and belongs to the wood carvers forum
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

That is always neat to run into someone like that. It is so neat to meet talents from different modalities. It stimulates interest and expands your horizons.
    Doc249HMCS

Excalibur 21, and a Dremel 1680

Comment

I believe I have a couple of his books!! If Im thinking of the right fella, he does those cool little roosters from little twigs?
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I've got one of his books. I've made a ton of the flowers and the little pine trees. People love them. What a treat for you to have met him!
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I met him at the Open House at Fox Chapel and he had a group of children mesmerized watching him. Isn't he a wonderful man? He must be "wintering" in Florida.

Betty
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989
            I met him at the Open House at Fox Chapel and he had a group of children mesmerized watching him. Isn't he a wonderful man? He must be "wintering" in Florida.

Betty
            yes Betty he is a wonderful person and a great showman he wasn't setup maybe 15 min he was already drawing a crowd and he took time to greet each person too, as for wintering I am not sure he had a huge list of cities he was going to be at each day, I think it wwas more of a tour for him
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

I met Chris at the open house and explained to him how many times I watched his DIY show on rooster carving. He was a wealth of information that he readily passed on to whomever was interested. It was a very enjoyable time. Still can't get the hang of that dang rooster.
              Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X