Dust Collector (Cheap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collector (Cheap)

Most are expensive,weather box type or lap type, but here is a idea i havnt tried yet, because i just thought of it 5 min ago ,but will very soon. At your local Sears store a (Blue Blower, Cool Tool) sells for $99.99 and a 3 piece assor. kit for $29.99 that is exaust and inlet adapters and 10 feet of duct hose . So, for 129.00 you can design your own system either lap top or box or just run exaust out of window,etc. Its rated at 300 C.F.P. If anyone is already using this device ,please share your ideas. Thanks ,Paul

Re: Dust Collector (Cheap)

Heck, I've been using a 48 Inch, five-bladed weather-maker powered by a Chevy short-block V-8. I duct it through twin 24 inch cast iron pipes to a vent in the roof. Only problem so far is that it keeps sucking up the cat. Ok, so thats not really a problem.....

Comment

Comment

I just ordered one last week, i should receive it this week,and will try it out,i was already told by sales rep. that is was quiet, he bought one too, at work it will be used for sucking out heavey welding fumes from a confined area, then at home it will be used for carving dust i hope.

Comment

I received Dust blower yesterday but had too use it for work. Today i tried out for stickcarving. And it works better than i imagined. I didnt get the exaust inlet attachment yet ,next week.Being a power carver with lot of fine dust ,it sucked dust right up,but with no exaust hooked up blew dust right back out of unit.For my work on sticks ,i will convert to a lap top with its 6 inch inlet hose,that way i can hold stick in all kinds of positions while carving,a box would not allow that.I will probaly convert a 5Gal. plastic bucket with removable lid half filled with water for my exaust hose to catch dust.The blower is rated a 300cfm, it had a 3 speed motor and 2 -110 outlets built in, 10 foot cord,wt. is about 7 lbs and this blower is Very quiet. I cant wait to recieve inlet ,exaust kit. It would be very easy to convert this blower into a box style very easily. As far as dust goes ,this blower has filled my carving dust needs.

Comment

Keep reporting ...... my interest gets stronger :P

Comment

I made a smaller one from a fan from range hood off of old stove. complete with light and 2 control knobs. When i need more suction i have a shop vac hose and turn it on. To deal with noise of vac encased in drywall with another filter for shop vac suction. took awhile to get right but it was done with left overs.

Comment

HEY EVERYONE, I AM A NEW CARVER AND I WAS WONDERING
                IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THE DUST COLLECTORS MADE AND SOLD BY SMOKEY MOUNTAIN WOODCARVERS? I JUST RECENTLY ORDERED SOME FLEX CUT CARVING TOOLS FROM
                THEM AND THE FOLKS THERE WERE VERY HELPFUL. I WAS
                THINKING ABOUT ORDERING THIER BASIC MODEL. THE FAN IS
                RATED AT 350 RCM. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. ALSO THIS SITE HAS BEEN REALLY HELPFUL.
                I HAVE LEARNED A LOT IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME JUST
                FROM READING THE POSTS HERE. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X