No announcement yet.

Band Saws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have the Delta with riser 1.5 horse I resaw all the time, plenty of beef.
    I did add the Carter roller bearing guides.

Another problem with the 3wheelers is the blade has to be very thin so that it can go around those small wheels.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Now I understand why somebody GAVE me a 3 wheeled Craftsman Band Saw!!! I HATE it !! Spent an hour getting the blade on and centered on the wheels, then broke my back bending over the make sure that the lower guides were set right. First piece of pine !!!!! Bang, the blade came off... for the 5th time!!!!!
      Jack

Comment

I have the Rtgid with a riser block and have never had a problem with it.
        Gary

Comment

Did anyone even notice the original post is 10 years old. Still a valid topic but...
          "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
          Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Yes I did and the last time Lorax posted was in 2004. But this is a very good thread.

I have a Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) T32208 14", band saw. 1HP, 3 speeds. When I bought it, it didn't have a riser block and they didn't have any coming into the store. I called the customer service at HF and the guy told me they were out of stock. He said to call Grizzly as the saws were made in the same foundry and the Grizzly riser would fit my machine. I called Grizzly and ordered one. When it came the alignment pins were in the wrong place so I "ink marked" them, drilled the riser holes in the proper places and it fit perfectly, it is the same shape as the column on the saw. The upper guide bar was the wrong size too, so I had a machinist friend make one to fit. In September it will be 7 years old and the only thing I have done to it other than change blades is to put new tires on it.
            I added ball bearing roller guides and the Carter tension release also.
            I resaw most of the wood I use, from Oak, Mahogany, and Maple to Yellow Locust and Ipe. This saw has never failed me and if I remember right it cost under $350.00.
            One key is to oil, grease, clean and maintain your machines, they will serve you as long as you service them.
            Most "good" machines will last for many years if taken care of and properly maintained.
            Dave
            "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Bumping this up because of my mistake.

I posted that I got the riser block assembly for my Central Machinery band saw from Grizzly, while sorting through some of the mess in my files yesterday I found that I was wrong. It came from General International. Sorry if this caused any problems. Here is a PDF of the parts list.
              Attached Files
              Dave
              "Tight's tight, too tight's broken"

My Gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X