X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FatEddy
    replied
    Re: Stubai palm tools

I would, but don't think my collection of sharpening equipment and love of sharpening would make up for being old, ugly, and already married with kids and grandkids.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Fat Eddie, would you marry me ?

Leave a comment:

• FatEddy
    replied

I'm probably a little picky about sharp. The main problem was the bevels weren't true. They were very slightly holllow ground and at an angle at that. But , after getting that straighted out they're fine and hold the edge just fine. I just can't stand a dull tool be it a saw, axe, machete, knife or whatever. I guess i'm a sharp freak Have a collection of stones, strops, stroppig compound, etc. that would stock most stores.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Not all retailers sharpen their tools before sending them to customers.
    Very few tool manufacturers provide 'ready-to-use) tools.

Leave a comment:

• FatEddy
    started a topic Stubai palm tools

Stubai palm tools

Have had tham about a week now and here's ;my impression. There ad says light honing ... I guess it depends on you definition of light ... about 1/2 hour per tool counting stroppinjg and all. After that they are o.k. As a test carved cross graiin on Basswood, poplar, and birch. All worked fine with a nice shine to the cut. But if you don't like sharpening you might want to try some other brand. Personal oppinion is, for what they charge the tools oughta be sharp.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X