Stubai palm tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stubai palm tools

Have had tham about a week now and here's ;my impression. There ad says light honing ... I guess it depends on you definition of light ... about 1/2 hour per tool counting stroppinjg and all. After that they are o.k. As a test carved cross graiin on Basswood, poplar, and birch. All worked fine with a nice shine to the cut. But if you don't like sharpening you might want to try some other brand. Personal oppinion is, for what they charge the tools oughta be sharp.

Re: Stubai palm tools

Not all retailers sharpen their tools before sending them to customers.
    Very few tool manufacturers provide 'ready-to-use) tools.

Comment

I'm probably a little picky about sharp. The main problem was the bevels weren't true. They were very slightly holllow ground and at an angle at that. But , after getting that straighted out they're fine and hold the edge just fine. I just can't stand a dull tool be it a saw, axe, machete, knife or whatever. I guess i'm a sharp freak Have a collection of stones, strops, stroppig compound, etc. that would stock most stores.

Comment

Fat Eddie, would you marry me ?

Comment

I would, but don't think my collection of sharpening equipment and love of sharpening would make up for being old, ugly, and already married with kids and grandkids.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Recommendations anyone?
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Do you have room on a workbench for a 16" saw----that you can move and use the space for sanding or other operations? I have a larger area to work with then you, but I do have workbench type tools that I have to swap out the space for as the need arises. Sometimes you have to sit back and scope...
            Today, 01:02 PM
          • old fa_t
            by old fa_t
            I appreciate the input from everyone but, I need clarify to my work? space. I originally stated my area measures 6'X10' and, it does. But, I only have about 5'X5' of available space and, that's without taking myself into consideration.
            I know from past undertakings, that I can and will confine...
            Today, 09:59 AM
          • Jimern
            by Jimern
            I'll add in some food for thought too. I was unsure if I would enjoy this hobby (addiction) so I started with the Porter Cable from Lowes. I think it is a good entry level saw, 5 months later I found an Excaliber on Craigs List and have been happy ever since.
            Today, 09:33 AM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Farmers market
            by Rolf
            Well that is good news! You really have a nice collection of items love the Wolf. I just might have to make a few pepper mills. And test our market.
            it will be interesting to see how my consignment sales will be. They were this weekend and again next weekend. I will know after that when I pick...
            Today, 09:04 AM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            Food for thought, When I first started scrolling my thinking was "all I want to do is this and I will never do that as it doesn't interest me". I didn't know I would be working with SSWWC or get sucked into creating Intarsia or doing large intricate fretwork, like Charles Hand designs....
            Today, 08:54 AM
          Working...
          X