"Found" or driftwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Found" or driftwood

Does anyone have a supplier or know where to purchase 'found' wood for sculpture type carvings? Bristol cone pine seems to be one name I see in articles. Any suggestions?

Re: "Found" or driftwood

Don't know about where you live, but around here all of the reservoirs a chock full of standing timber that's been flooded, drift wood etc. If there are any reservoirs around you could walk the bank and pick up nthe drift wood or talk some fisherman friend into cutting some off of the staniding timber for you (or get a fishing pole and go with him).

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I live in central Kansas, but there are a couple of reservoirs to check. I would like to find some different kinds of wood not native to Kansas. I have used cypress knees and like them too.

Comment

Bristle cone pine is very very old and from what I understand most of it is protected...Try to make contact with someone on the Northern Calif. coast for some redwood driftwood.

Comment

grumpy560

Comment

I've got in-laws from Kansas and they tell me the Kansas state tree is the Telephone pole ..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• old fa_t
              Reply to Recommendations anyone?
              by old fa_t
              After totally over-thinking this, I have decided to go ahead with the Micro Mark Saw. It will enable me to do everything I can imagine in my limited space and budget.
              I thank everyone for offering advice, and I look forward to receiving more. As soon as I get it and set it up, I will post pictures...
              Today, 07:37 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Need any wood?
              by will8989
              Figured it out. The photos were Live and I had to edit them. As you can see, we were quite lucky they didn’t come crashing down in a storm. The last picture was a 2 trunk tree. My son already split a truck load today.

Next project, the roofer next week. Yippee....
              Yesterday, 08:56 PM
            • handibunny
              Reply to Need any wood?
              by handibunny
              Betty, I just tried a test, using a standard jpeg file. I clicked "upload attachments", then selected the photo I wanted to upload, then double clicked the photo, and it uploaded without a problem. Go figure!
              Yesterday, 12:07 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Need any wood?
              by will8989
              When I try to upload pictures, why is there an X next to upload attachments? I hate computers.
              Yesterday, 09:14 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Need any wood?
              by will8989
              Here’s the pics. Or not. Won’t let me upload. Will try in the morning.
              04-19-2021, 09:53 PM
            Working...
            X