No announcement yet.

Here I sit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I sit

Waiting for my son to take me to the hand hospital downtown. Bruce cut 2 fingers on the tablesaw. Local hospital said take him to hand hospital. 2 ambulances came. Neighbors are thinking Not again over there! Keep you posted. And the beat goes on. Better add another chapter to that book.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Wow, it never ends, for you all, hope all goes well, might be time for a saw stop, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I hope it is not too bad. Good Luck !

Many years ago, I nicked a finger on my table saw..just a minor cut but scared me terribly. My father in law lost the end of a finger.

I had a very nice Jet Cabinet saw and was reading about the Sawstop. I showed it to my wife and she asked how soon I would get it. I have the Sawstop PCS and love it. Yes, not cheap but...

Comment

So sorry to hear of Bruce's accident. Praying for speedy recovery
        Tricia

Comment

He was very lucky. No tendon, nerve, blood vessel, bone or artery damage. Just a chunk of “meat” about 3/4” taken out of one finger and other one not needing stitches. He is stitched, wrapped and has a cast from above wrist to finger tips. Has follow up in 2 weeks and should be fine. First ambulance arrived and Bruce was sitting out back at the table. As they were checking him, another paramedic came out my back door. He said the front door was unlocked and he wanted to make sure everyone was ok, the other one came up the driveway. He went to a hand hospital for treatment.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Glad to hear no major damage. I bet it is going to hurt and I bet he was scared and still scared.

Comment

Does he not get enough attention? Yikes!
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for the good news.

Comment

He slept well and very little pain this morning. He said something about being able to cut the grass next week. As my daughter says “Just shake your head and smile.” Raising our 2 kids prepared me for him. He did mention a sawstop. I said isn’t that like shutting the barn door after the horse got out? And the beat goes on.
                  Betty

Comment

Wow Betty, just saw so thankful that Bruce’s injury was not worse. Great news is it was minimal. Hubby has had a Sawstop now for several years, he was looking at it and said so expensive and I said, your hands and fingers are worth any price and insisted he get it. Even with that, if I need something cut on the table saw, I make him cut it for me. I prefer to stay away.
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Glad to see things are going forward and Bruce is going to fine, I have had my sawstop for 8 years, bought it because i figured my grandson would be here working in the shop and didn't want any accidents, but now as i get older I feel it is a good thing, RJ
                      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Prayers for Bruce and a speedy recovery.

Comment

I cut 3 of my fingers years ago on a table saw (didn't lose any, just a chunk out of one, but stitches in all.) I still have some nerve damage to this day in one finger. It happened because I did something stupid! From then on before I start cutting I look at all the conditions surrounding me and then ask myself if this is safe. I also always keep my eyes on the blade when it's running. When I push wood through the blade I use a push stick if it's close to the blade and I hook my non-pushing fingers over the fence if it's further away. I said to myself then that I would quit carpentry work if I ever cut my finger(s) off. So far I have had the protection from God alone!

Best wished for your hubby.

Karl

Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I hope he continues to have a fast recovery.

Dan A

Comment

I do not have a SawStop but I have a pair of these that I use religiously!
                              gripper.jpg
                              Attached Files
                              Rolf
                              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                                Reply to Arizona Animals Intarsia Collage Fair Results
                                by Rolf
                                Our Judges are some of the best woodworkers I have ever met. On occasion I get asked to explain what I look for in the scrolling categories. I point out all of the nuances. I can't be a judge as I have intarsia and scroll work entries.
                                Today, 07:36 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Problem with thinner blades on Dewalt 788
                                by Rolf
                                There may have been some crud on the tips from manufacturing.
                                In the ~20 years of scrolling I never cleaned the ends of my blades until recently. Even with the Pegas clamps I was having some blade slippage, I now scuff the ends of my blades with some 220 grit paper End of problem.!...
                                Today, 07:29 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                by NC Scroller
                                Don’t over sand them as you will shorten their usable life. Only sand as needed. Another thing to do is clear your blades before installing. Blades are coated with oil to prevent rust. Wipe the ends with alcohol or lightly sand with 320 grit.
                                Today, 05:29 AM
                              • cwmagee
                                by cwmagee
                                The fact that you only had approximately 6 hours on the saw tells me there was a thin oily film on the clamps from the manufacturing process.
                                If problem continues you may have spread the clamps in the process of tighten blades. A common problem with OEM parts. This issue will disappear by replacing...
                                Yesterday, 08:46 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Mitre saw material clamps
                                by will8989
                                10” compound dual bevel sliding mitre saw with laser. Bruce said to buy a new blade because the blade that comes with it sucks. Sells here for $289. It was on sale plus his military discount and a $50 gift certificate from his woodworking club. Bruce said to check out on Google 10” kolbalt mitre...
                                Yesterday, 08:45 PM
                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎