No announcement yet.

God deal or not for CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like scroll saws we all have our favorite software. Both McAfee and Norton have become very bloated. My wife has Webroot on hers that seems to work well.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Before I retired my company allowed me to choose a Dell XPS 15 laptop for work which was a great unit and had particularly good color calibration which for my work was important. I still have that unit but now rarely use it having bought the smaller Dell XPS 13 which is great for traveling with, especially when I'm using my bike. I did however remove the Dell installation of Windows 10 and installed a lightweight version with practically no bloat ware. My desktop workstation which since I retired is now my go to computer for 90% of my work is a high powered unit I put together myself designed to easily handle graphic and 3D application along with video editing which I have linked up to a couple of BenQ good quality 27" monitors and which should give me all I need in computers until I finally cock my toes!

I've had Sony and HP laptops and PCs in the past but once I've eliminated most of the bloatware I find Dell units to be preferable, generally very reliable and reasonably priced for what they have to offer.
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim, that’s way more than I ever plan on doing on my computer. I am cruising along quite well just doing what I’m doing. I even found where my scan went the other day. I was impressed. Even d/l a game for my grandson who we watched today. I’m the Best Mimi ever! Also getting stock ready for my shows. I think I passed myself on the steps today.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X