God deal or not for CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God deal or not for CPU?

Finally got a new Dell desktop. The picture has the info. I got it at Costco and the only reason I got it there was the guy who talked to me about it I’ve known from working there and that is his department. I don’t use programs to make patterns. I leave that to the pros. He said what I do on a computer this would work great for me. I’ve never had a Dell, only HP. Good deal or not? Will I be adding new words to my vocabulary when this being hooked up?
    Attached Files
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I've been looking at a new computer as well. I've always had HP too. My "current" CPU is still running Windows 7! I just got a laptop for a really good deal, but I really like the desktop. I guess when you get use to something and you like it - you want to keep it! (Married 28 years, still read real books, buy the same pen for years, eat the same thing for lunch, etc.)

I've thought about Dell, but I will probably end up with an HP when I decide to upgrade.

It looks like a good deal (or God deal as you state in the title ) to me if the price was not too high.

Hopefully those new words are not 4-letters!

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I have had very good luck with Dell computers and my most recent has only SDD drives with a 1 TB and 256 GB.

I will not buy another HP computer or printer. My wife has a one year old laptop that the hinges broke. It stays on her sewing table and no abuse. It cost a fortune to fix.

Comment

God must be watching over me, no new words. It was $500, actually $499.97. Anything ending in .97 at Costco is close out or product change. Same model, only i7, whatever that is. I got it mostly set up. I need to add it to Norton but it has McAfee for a month. Everything I did on my tablet I can bring up on the computer. Of course, I have about 10 miles of cords all over. Need to connect my wireless keyboard and mouse, but I need batteries. Can’t add my printer as it says the PIN from the router is no good. Old router, guess I need one of those. It is

In reality, it only “cost” me $200.00. Bruce was supposed to get new glasses but since his prescription didn’t change, he didn’t need them, which are usually around $300 with safety glass,

Never had any problem with HP that’s why I was hesitant about the Dell.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

One thing you may encounter is with your peripherals, printers, scanners etc. They may not be supported by windows 11. due to the drivers not being available.
          I used to use only Dell at work and home. my last two have been HP.

Quartz I can't believe they have not addressed he hinge issue. I managed to take my wifes computer apart and repair the ones on her old laptop. loosened the bolts that go through the hinge. got a couple more years out of it. then bought her a new one.

For me 99% of what I do is on a desktop with a 25" screen. Also have a small note book.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

At ArtCrafters we have a HP desk and laptop. I do most of my work on the laptop. I just purchased an iPad Air for most of my personal work.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

So far, so good, cruising along. Probably jinxed myself. Printer hooked up seamlessly. Adding some stuff, keeping others on my iPad. No new words YET.
              Betty

Comment

I would have just replaced my wife's HP laptop with the hinge issues.....it might have been cheaper. However, it had my wife's software for connecting to a Husqvarna embroidery machine and reloading the software on a new laptop would have been painful.

I have replaced the hard drives on most of my computers with SSD type drives and amazed at the speed and price.

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                  So far, so good, cruising along. Probably jinxed myself. Printer hooked up seamlessly. Adding some stuff, keeping others on my iPad. No new words YET.
                  If you're not using "computer language" how do know if you're making progress?
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Not using it yet Jim, but here’s first issue. Printer works if I copy & print, print from my iPad, but if I print from the computer the paper starts through then has Paper Jam come up and stop. There is no paper jam as I could see it start to come through then stop. ??
                    Betty

Comment

Things are rolling along. Got printer issue taken care of, works great. Even got the scanner to work just can’t find where the scan went. Not used to the Edge screen and where things are but I’ll find them sooner or later. Now back to making sawdust!
                      Betty

Comment

Most of my working career I worked for IBM so used IBM and Lenovo machines. At home I have had Dell products for years. Why? Because IBM and Lenovo where too expensive for home use and the technology folks I worked with all recommended Dell. Personally a laptop is my choice.
                        Scott
                        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I also want to suggest you use Windows Defended, already installed on your machine vs using Norton or McAfee. I am also a big fan of using Glary Utilities, the free verson, to keep the machine clean.
                          Scott
                          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got rid of McAfee never liked it. I’ve used Norton forever and it has worked for me. Will look at windows defended. Never heard of it. Still rolling along.
                            Betty

Comment

I hate Norton with the constant pop ups and emails. It becomes a pain. Does a good job but very annoying.
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X