Safety hint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety hint

Bruce went to his woodworkers meeting last and they had a safety presentation. Usual stuff but… I always take my phone with me when working and have it nearby. Question asked, if you couldn’t get to your phone and were injured, how would you get help? Turn on location and Siri. “Siri call 911.” Bruce said they all said never thought of that. Did you? Do you do that? What is your safety hint? I was “fortunate” when I had my table saw accident 10 years ago as my son was home. And when I had my Carr accident 2 months later as a DNR officer was there to help me until paramedics and fire dept came and to call my husband. Shock sets in very quickly.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I am seldom in the shop without my cell phone either on me or on the bench. I also have a cordless phone, landline, on the wall.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

The question asked last night was what if you were on the floor and couldn’t reach your phone? Or your hands were injured so bad you couldn’t use the phone. Food for thought.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
        The question asked last night was what if you were on the floor and couldn’t reach your phone? Or your hands were injured so bad you couldn’t use the phone. Food for thought.
        I guess when dinner time came around my wife would come looking for me. BTW I cook 90% of our dinners.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I am required by the Chief of Staff to carry my cell phone EVERYWHERE! I am frequently audited and severely punished if I do not have it. This started when I was outside, twisted funny and dislocated my hip. Three months earlier, I had hip surgery. It was absolutely the worst pain and was truly a 10 on the pain scale causing me to black out several times. Thank goodness for the paramedics and morphine.

Comment

Good stuff!!!!!! When I fell off the roof my wife was home. so were all of my neighbors none of which heard me yelling.
            I wonder if the android has a similar feature via Alexa?
            Last edited by Rolf; 07-16-2022, 09:37 AM.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

On my Samsung there is Bixby.

Comment

Speaking of roofs, when Kevin worked for a solar company they had a safety person whose main job was to drive around to the sites to inspect for safety. Yep, the guy on the roof was tied off. Too bad it was to the back bumper of a truck. Can’t fix stupid.
                Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                  Speaking of roofs, when Kevin worked for a solar company they had a safety person whose main job was to drive around to the sites to inspect for safety. Yep, the guy on the roof was tied off. Too bad it was to the back bumper of a truck. Can’t fix stupid.
                  Was the truck sitting at an intersection, waiting for the light to turn green?
                  Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

🤪🤪 No but it was the truck they used to take him back to the office to get his car and to think things over for a week.
                    Betty

Comment

I've tied off to my truck several times. If the keys are on the roof with you the truck usually doesn't move. Some houses you walk around and there is nothing to tie off to. I guess most safety people have never had to actually work so they think being tied to a truck isn't safe.
                      Tim

If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will pay for it and not have it

Comment

Since he wasn’t the driver, he didn’t have the keys.
                        Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X