Hope everyone had a safe holiday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope everyone had a safe holiday.

I did touch therapy since it helps my sister in law so much. I saw it, I touched it and the money flew out of my bank courtesy of Drs. JC Penney and New Balance. Back to the saw tomorrow. I haven’t touched it in a week. And the beat goes on.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I need hug therapy. Between my wife then I having Covid we pretty much isolated the last month. No energy still. Have not even walked into the shop in weeks.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Hugs to you, Betty, for your zany posts that always bring a smile, and to you, Scott, who are usually on the giving end of things. And to everyone else who makes this forum the special place that gives so much, and refuses to give up. 🤗
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly. I understand how which things in life interfere with shop time. I pray you both get fully healed soon and that you get some shop time - that will go along way to making you feel better I am sure.
        Melanie from East TN

Comment

My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and assorted flotsam from a life in academics.
          AND, we ended up with a dose of covid right in the middle of all this, so I understand Scott having little energy.
          But, I have been sorting patterns and getting ready for the temperature to get better here and then the sawdust will fly.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. 🤪 We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is “temporarily down, will be back soon.” Maybe it was that tornado that passed through the state earlier that knocked it offline. And I still didn’t make it to my saw today. Cleaned my office instead. I took Rita, my SIL, to a show last year. Note to self don’t take Rita to a show with 350+ crafters in one main building, where we were, and 5 outbuildings. She goes out one door and returns 30 minutes later. No not shopping. She went out one door, got lost going to the restroom which was the building next to where we were, forgot which door she went out, the main entrance, and couldn’t get back in because all the side doors only opened out. I still don’t know how she got lost but we had a good laugh. Then she went to “therapy”and still got lost a second time. Most fun day I had at a show. You just have to laugh in this crazy ride called life.
            Last edited by will8989; 07-05-2022, 11:34 PM.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I turned a piece of green Crab apple filled a section of my shop up with long curls of shavings that smell like cow dung. I shouls have taken a picture. I did cut a couple small toy planes in prep for our clubs show we give them away to the kids and what's left goes to Toys for tots.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X