Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phone call from son.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Phone call from son.

    Haven’t had one of those in quite awhile and could have done without this one. Came into the kitchen yesterday and Bruce was talking in a low voice - I won’t tell Elliott but I’ll let mom know. My son is an inspector, trouble shooter, boss for a solar company. The blue print said wires 3&4 were dead. Blue print was checked and approved by someone in the office. Supposedly. His helper checked the wires and my son checked them with another whatever they use to check them with. He always does 2 checks on a line even when power is off. Only thing is, the person didn’t mark on the blueprint there was a live wire crossing over the two dead ones. Put the screwdriver in and next thing he knew his helper was holding onto him so he didn’t slide down the panels and his other hand landed in a hornets nest. They were tied off but he would have slid a few feet over panels. Zapped with 1700V but low amps, luckily not a full load. Came out half way up his arm through a tattoo. Told the owner that ____better not be in the office when he goes in today. It might get ugly. Haven’t heard from him yet today. I told Bruce sure glad he called you and not me. Actually, he did call me but Bruce answered my phone. Why do they always call Mom? And the beat goes on, literally.
    Betty

    "Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

  • #2
    Oh my gosh Betty....Your son is fortunate to be alive. How badly stung was he by the hornets? Electrical shock is crazy dangerous. Wow.
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

    Comment


    • #3
      My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

      I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

      Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
        Melanie from East TN

        Comment


        • #5
          Talked to him yesterday after he was coherent. Very fortunately, it was dc current. He said ac current and would have ended differently. And it wasn’t a house. It was a converter box in a marina located on a deck cut into a 20’ high steep bank. They had to climb a ladder to get to it. And they were tethered to the deck. He did lose consciousness briefly. He showed me his arm tonight and you could see where it traveled up his forearm. His tattoo must have had some metal in it because you could trace burned spots under the skin. They did blood tests to see how much water his blood lost. They had to go back there today to fix the inverter and finish up. All the wires were dead. He hopes to not go back there anytime soon. His helper Is still shook up. And the beat goes on.
          Betty

          "Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

          Comment

          Unconfigured Ad Widget

          Collapse

          Latest Topics

          Collapse

          • Kingpin
            Reply to Greetings again...
            by Kingpin
            Welcome back 😀
            Today, 07:19 AM
          • meflick
            Reply to Greetings again...
            by meflick
            Hi Brad and welcome back. Good to hear you have been able to upgrade your work area. A comfortable work area does make scrolling more enjoyable. Look forward to seeing some of your recent work.
            Today, 07:00 AM
          • bstark
            Greetings again...
            by bstark
            Greetings all, again. I have been away for too to remember, though I have always popped in from now and then. I started, and almost finished, my scrollsaw work in a tiny space on one side of a garage. I finally have a bigger space, a completely finished shop! I know a bigger space will not make me a...
            Yesterday, 10:20 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Hi All
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Hello from Arizona! Welcome aboard
            Yesterday, 10:02 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Bruce’s new toys
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Ok Betty--- that just comes down to massive good luck --- to help offset all of the misfortune and accidents that came your way. Happy for your turn of events.
            Yesterday, 10:01 PM
          Working...
          X