Need router table mounting frame suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need router table mounting frame suggestion

I have a 3/4" melamine topped out feed table connected to my work's table saw and I want to turn it into a router table with a professional dial up and down type height adjustment. I'm not even sure what to call the thing, but I need a good suggestion for whatever that piece of equipment is called that mounts and adjust the height of the router. Of course I'm trying to do this all without breaking the bank. Aiming for somewhere in the middle on price and quality.

Any suggestion for a brand or model?

Also, I already have a fairly powerful full size Dewalt router. Not sure the model number it is but hopefully I can find one of these lift mechanisms that'll fit it.

Sounds like you want a router lift.....not cheap. I do not think 3/4" melamine is strong enough to support it. I use a doubled up 3/4" Baltic birch for mine.

Comment

I have to Agree with Quartz43. ¾ in is not the best setup for a router table top.
      I did exactly what you are planning to do on my table saw extension. That also was not my best solution as it became cumbersome to use. I put in a lift with 3 ¼ HP Freud router. I gave that whole setup to my nephew (lift and router) Both edges of the saw extension had angle brackets under it so I never got any flex in the top. The inset I used at the time came with a template for the cutout.
      I also had a small Craftsman free standing small router. A pain to adjust.
      With any lift make sure it fits your router. Infinity tools, JessEm Kreg all make decent lifts.
      Personally I prefer dedicated tools and finally bought A complete system from Infinity absolutely love it. I have since added their dust box around the router motor .(not in this picture) That was worth every penny.

The Infinity top is 1-1/8 thick multi layer baltic birch

Infinty router table.jpg Old .jpg

Last edited by Rolf; 06-23-2022, 08:48 AM.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys...and yes router lift is the name I was trying to think of. I've got that Craftsman table-like setup with the Dewalt router and yes it's a pain to adjust...which is why I want the lift...precise adjustment.

Must say...a bit jealous of that Infinity setup though.

Comment

If the budget allowed I would really look at the Incra router lift. We had a demo at our club and it is really impressive.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I was at my nephews house a couple of weeks ago and he had installed the Freud router and the lift in his table saw extension. He did a much better job with his layout than I was able to do in my shop. He is one happy camper. I should have taken a picture.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X