Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    What model Craftsman! Without that information we can't look up the saw and what type of clamp it has.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.

Leave a comment:

• Daddy's scroller
    replied
    I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.

Leave a comment:

• Daddy's scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by cwmagee View Post
    Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
    No. I haven't tried that yet

Leave a comment:

• Chance13
    replied
    Originally posted by markdavd View Post
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've learned by experience that if this is what's happening only real option is to replace the clamps, I would suggest the Pegas replacement clamps made from aircraft aluminum that is nearly impossible to bend.
    I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.

Leave a comment:

• markdavd
    replied
    When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've learned by experience that if this is what's happening only real option is to replace the clamps, I would suggest the Pegas replacement clamps made from aircraft aluminum that is nearly impossible to bend.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Blade slippage is a function of the blade clamp holder and or the set screw and thumb screw with swivel.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Tricia what saw do you have? Does the blade slip or it just won’t tighten?

Leave a comment:

• wjbclocks1
    replied
    Are yoou sure that your not puting the blades to far up in the top clamps,. ( l learned thst the hard way)

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.

Leave a comment:

• Daddy's scroller
    started a topic Frustrated

Frustrated

I have spent 2 days trying to cut a project on my scrollsaw with no luck. I can't keep the bottom of the blade in place. I have sanded the end an everything I can think to do. But no luck.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
    Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
    by Jim McDonald
    For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
    Today, 11:14 AM
  • Ennobee
    Celtic knot-shamrock cross
    by Ennobee
    My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Yesterday, 02:11 PM
  • Ennobee
    by Ennobee
    Hi Jim.
    glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
    Yesterday, 01:30 PM
  • hotshot
    by hotshot
    Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
    08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    by Daddy's scroller
    Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
    08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
Working...
X