Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

I have spent 2 days trying to cut a project on my scrollsaw with no luck. I can't keep the bottom of the blade in place. I have sanded the end an everything I can think to do. But no luck.
    Tricia

Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
    cwmagee
    aka Fibber
    Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Are yoou sure that your not puting the blades to far up in the top clamps,. ( l learned thst the hard way)

Comment

Tricia what saw do you have? Does the blade slip or it just won’t tighten?
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Blade slippage is a function of the blade clamp holder and or the set screw and thumb screw with swivel.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've learned by experience that if this is what's happening only real option is to replace the clamps, I would suggest the Pegas replacement clamps made from aircraft aluminum that is nearly impossible to bend.

Comment

We need to know what saw you are using, as they have different clamps.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Originally posted by markdavd View Post
                When a blade slips out, the tendency is to tighten it more. Make sure you haven't over-tightened the clamp forcing the sides apart. Most OEM clamps are made from soft aluminum so once it starts they will continue spreading and it will be near-impossible to keep the blades in place.

I've learned by experience that if this is what's happening only real option is to replace the clamps, I would suggest the Pegas replacement clamps made from aircraft aluminum that is nearly impossible to bend.
                I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had.

Comment

Originally posted by cwmagee View Post
                  Have you tried to rough up the thumb screws tips? How old are the blade clamps? may be time to replaced them.
                  No. I haven't tried that yet
                  Tricia

Comment

I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
                    Tricia

Comment

I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
                      Scott
                      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

What model Craftsman! Without that information we can't look up the saw and what type of clamp it has.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
                          Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                          by Jim McDonald
                          Used a 788 for many years. It now resides with a crafty family friend.
                          Questions are answered freely around here and no one has any tricks they don't freely share.
                          Yesterday, 09:08 PM
                        • mtwoodguy
                          Reply to Hello from Central Florida
                          by mtwoodguy
                          Welcome! John! From Reno NV. A long time 788 user (I'm94) I'm sure you will get many happy hours from the repairs you placed on the machine.
                          Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                        • John Smith
                          Hello from Central Florida
                          by John Smith
                          I'm 74, retired from the commercial dimensional advertising world. (carved and routed signs).
                          I've always used the Roto-Zip, band saw, or other tools to make my projects. (wishing many times I had a good scroll saw). Well, I finally found an old DW-788 that the original owner said "it finally...
                          Yesterday, 05:51 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to What's a good stain product?
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I use acrylic paint mixed with water to stain when I want vibrant colors. There was an article in one of the issues awhile back where a product called "Unicorn Spit" was suggested for the colors---and many people swear by it....
                          Yesterday, 10:24 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Phone call from son.
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Oh my gosh Betty....Your son is fortunate to be alive. How badly stung was he by the hornets? Electrical shock is crazy dangerous. Wow.
                          Yesterday, 10:21 AM
                        Working...
                        X