His father! To a T!

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    HM! I wonder who he takes after?

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    It sure was interesting. The park is where the sawmill is located. Elliott met a “girlfriend”. After they played for 2 hours, he wanted to take a walk and show her the animals. He never wants to see the stinky animals. They have a “date” to meet at the park on Presidents’ Day. He had his violin recital tonight. Boy, he is going to be trouble!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    She twisted, turned and pushed on his back, then cracked his neck, then he went to the stretching table. He is walking much better but still sore. Follow up Monday. He’s at the playground with Elliott now. That is probably interesting.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    She’s a good bone manipulator! He lays on his side, she grabs his shoulder and with her knee in his back she jerks his shoulder and pushes on his back at the same time. This is after he lays on the stretching bed and stretches his back out. Literally.

Leave a comment:

• jim_mex
    replied
    Sorry if I'm smiling Betty!

Bruce and I seem to be running parallel paths of disaster these days. Hope the bone manipulator sorts out his problem.
    I bet he's looking forward to that Rikon although with his luck I'd make sure he takes great care when he starts using it.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Lathe put on hold. Bruce put a pot that weighed a whole 12 ounces in the bottom drawer and threw out his back. Last week. Wanted to make appointment with our chiropractor but no,I’ll be fine. He finally had me call her today and she can see him tomorrow. Just never listens. And it will be the rikon when he gets it.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    I asked Bruce about this, reluctantly at first. He said his main issue is if you need parts, takes forever. He waited 6 months for a belt for the delta mini lathe he has now. Black and decker didn’t even have the belt and they own delta. He is all about service and warranty. That’s the reason for the Rikon.

Leave a comment:

• jim_mex
    replied
    Betty - I tend to give purchases some thought but once I have made my mind I want to buy something, and have the cash to do so, I undertake extensive research over a few days and then bite the bullet.

My philosophy is that too much thinking leads to indecision and dulls the brain!.

I bought my Delta Midi lathe about a year ago and although its a little pricey I'm really pleased with it. It has a powerful motor and variable speed control using a combination of easily changeable pulleys plus electronic control and has a valuable reverse function. It also has a long history of reliability.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    The midi Rikon. He said the warranty is the reason. The Rikon has 5 year, the Nova 2 year. The reviews he thought were better from customer service remarks. I asked if he wanted a larger lathe he said he can go to the school in Annapolis and use any and all of the equipment for free since he belongs to Annapolis woodworkers. As we were coming home from dropping the van off this morning, he said he never wanted another car. Too hard to get in and out of! I can still get in and out easily. Who said he was going to be driving/riding in it?😂

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    What model Rikon?

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
    Been there done that Scott. I was home for 13 years with the kids and they went to Catholic school! We were always fortunate Bruce had good jobs with great insurance. And we were super blessed with our last selling season. But like you we worked hard for what we have. Grandkids will be taken care of. But you know, I’ve always wanted a Jaguar…..
    If you want that sports car you better get it while you can still get into and out of it. Having my car for 50 years this coming April I gets a bit more challenging getting in and even worse getting out. This is a picture from 2000 when I was putting my car back together. I was checking to see if my butt still fit in the seat. Test fit 2000.jpg

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    And the winner is - last night was the Nova. This morning the Rikon! Sure glad I don’t take that long to make a decision. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Many hours of scrolling history here, and much knowledge of tools. And we definitely appreciate the good ones, and try to take care of them for a long use life.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Been there done that Scott. I was home for 13 years with the kids and they went to Catholic school! We were always fortunate Bruce had good jobs with great insurance. And we were super blessed with our last selling season. But like you we worked hard for what we have. Grandkids will be taken care of. But you know, I’ve always wanted a Jaguar…..

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Linda, I still have the Delta Contractors saw that I bought just after buying our current house. The Unifence it came with was decent and it was perfect for the house renovations that I was doing. I always wanted a biesemeyer fence but based on my research their quality has diminished. I ended up buying a Vega Fence and properly "tuned" my table saw. Unbelievable difference! I also bought a Kreg miter gauge as all of the factory miters don't impress me.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X