No announcement yet.

Are you a thinker, over thinker or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty - I tend to give purchases some thought but once I have made my mind I want to buy something, and have the cash to do so, I undertake extensive research over a few days and then bite the bullet.

My philosophy is that too much thinking leads to indecision and dulls the brain!.

I bought my Delta Midi lathe about a year ago and although its a little pricey I'm really pleased with it. It has a powerful motor and variable speed control using a combination of easily changeable pulleys plus electronic control and has a valuable reverse function. It also has a long history of reliability.
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

I asked Bruce about this, reluctantly at first. He said his main issue is if you need parts, takes forever. He waited 6 months for a belt for the delta mini lathe he has now. Black and decker didn’t even have the belt and they own delta. He is all about service and warranty. That’s the reason for the Rikon.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Lathe put on hold. Bruce put a pot that weighed a whole 12 ounces in the bottom drawer and threw out his back. Last week. Wanted to make appointment with our chiropractor but no,I’ll be fine. He finally had me call her today and she can see him tomorrow. Just never listens. And it will be the rikon when he gets it.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Sorry if I'm smiling Betty!

Bruce and I seem to be running parallel paths of disaster these days. Hope the bone manipulator sorts out his problem.
          I bet he's looking forward to that Rikon although with his luck I'd make sure he takes great care when he starts using it.

Cheers!
          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

She’s a good bone manipulator! He lays on his side, she grabs his shoulder and with her knee in his back she jerks his shoulder and pushes on his back at the same time. This is after he lays on the stretching bed and stretches his back out. Literally.
            Betty

Comment

She twisted, turned and pushed on his back, then cracked his neck, then he went to the stretching table. He is walking much better but still sore. Follow up Monday. He’s at the playground with Elliott now. That is probably interesting.
              Betty

Comment

It sure was interesting. The park is where the sawmill is located. Elliott met a “girlfriend”. After they played for 2 hours, he wanted to take a walk and show her the animals. He never wants to see the stinky animals. They have a “date” to meet at the park on Presidents’ Day. He had his violin recital tonight. Boy, he is going to be trouble!
                Attached Files
                Betty

Comment

HM! I wonder who he takes after?
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

His father! To a T!
                    Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X