Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    Can’t wait to get that walnut! When I tell people the wood is local and Bruce helped process it, it sells faster.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Congrats on your gold strike! Wow.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Yes, but we’ll be using them this spring. They use green wood all the time at the farm to build buildings with little to no problem. The pile is stickered, banded with straps and has a tarp on the very top layer. It sits in the sun most of the day this time of year and has air circulation all around. Most of the guys at the sawmill are over 80 and had farms. They have all sorts of techniques to use. That’s why he had them cut them long - to allow room to cut off the ends if they split. In the spring, this spot is in the shade most of the day. It’s an ideal spot to dry lumber. After all, this is SLRA we are talking about. Pressure treated lumber will be the base that these are nailed into.

Leave a comment:

• NC Scroller
    replied
    Free wood is the best kind. Betty, I assume this is all green wood (not kiln dried). General rule is 1year per inch so your 2x4's will take two years to air dry.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    started a topic Bruce’s pay from the sawmill

Bruce’s pay from the sawmill

50 2x4x9’ pine studs for the workshop. There are 5 2x4x8.6’ quartersawn white oak studs on the pile. Considering the cost of studs, that was a pretty good payday. Considering the cost of what we need to buy, my workshop may not be as big. Another guy got a call from a tree company and they had a walnut tree they took down, did he want to bid. He bid $200 and the company delivered the tree to him last week. It is old growth black walnut and estimated to have 3000+ board feet. Solid black in the center. Can’t wait to get some of that.
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X