X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornament Exchange 2021

9179A6BE-EC47-474C-95EA-93EF0DAA1CF2.jpeg

Ornament Exchange 2021

I will be this year's host of the annual tradition. And since Christmas will be here before we know it I figured I'd get things started early.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM or email. The cut off date will be November 7. I'm hoping to get more people to sign up. I should have your list of addresses to you by the couple days after dead line . That should allow for enough time for those international packages. Of course, receiving ornaments in January is fun too. And it has happened before, so no worries.

Is there any suggestions on what i can do to encourage more people to sign up?

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
    Address
    Board name
    How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christma to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

8. Please post on this page when you receive the name list and when you receive your ornaments my mail.

9. PLEASE POST PICTURE OF ALL ORNAMENTS YOU RECEIVE ON THIS PAGE.

Any questions, please let me know

My Email Address is [email protected]

Thanks David

I will update This list as often as I can when I receive Your information. IF your Name is NOT on this list, then I dont have your in​​​​​​fo. Thanks.

Ornament Exchange Name List

1. NC Scroller
    2. Daddy’s scroller
    3. Sandy Oaks
    4. tgiro01
    5. Rolf
    6. daveswoodworking
    Last edited by daveswoodworking; 10-13-2021, 11:43 AM. Reason: Update name list
    Dewalt 788

Count me in.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

• daveswoodworking
      daveswoodworking commented
      Editing a comment
      How many would you like to do this year address still the same

Dave I would love to join the oranment and secret Santa exchanges this year. I tried to send you a private message but it wouldn't go through. Thank you
    Tricia

Comment

• daveswoodworking
      Editing a comment
      How many would you like to do this year and is your address still the same

I send out my Ornament 11-23-2021
    Dewalt 788

Comment

You beat me. I have my ornaments and Secret Santa gift made but have not gotten around to packing and shipping.
      Scott

Comment

NC Scroller

I been hearing that you need to mail of your stuff early so everyone gets their stuff
        only thing I didn’t get done was clear coat on them because its too cold know I wish I could of done the secret Santa exchange
        Dewalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by daveswoodworking View Post
          NC Scroller

I been hearing that you need to mail of your stuff early so everyone gets their stuff
          only thing I didn’t get done was clear coat on them because its too cold know I wish I could of done the secret Santa exchange
          You could always surprise someone. Better to give than receive.
          Scott

Comment

• daveswoodworking
            Editing a comment
            That’s true better to gave then to receive

Sorry, but my ornaments may be late as I can't get to doing them until after our last fair on the 4th.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Dave you have shamed me into action. Don't feel bad. I needed a push. Anyway, I got my all packaged and dropped them off at the PO a few minutes ago. I even sent my Secret Santa.
            Scott

Comment

I have received my oranments from Dave an Scott. Thank you both. I just have to get mine packed an in the mail. Coming soon
              Tricia

Comment

So sorry everyone. My oranments are going to be late. I tested positive for covid
                Tricia

Comment

Hope for a quick recovery Daddy’s scroller
                  i had it last year and I still have no smell or taste yet I’m still recovering from it.
                  my mom was in hospital for 21 days she almost didn’t make it
                  Dewalt 788

Comment

Tricia, prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
                    Scott

Comment

Thank you all. I have a mild case. I haven't lost my taste or smell yet.i will mail them out as soon as I get will.so sorry
                      Tricia

Comment

Don’t worry about sending out ornaments until you feel better it’s good to get ornaments after Christmas it’s better then bills
                        Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                          by will8989
                          He did the Baltimore run in October and finished in a little over 10 minutes. Of course it’s a very hilly course here and flat in San Antonio. Very proud of all of them.
                          Today, 01:10 AM
                        • Rodney Brown
                          Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                          by Rodney Brown
                          Congrats to all. I'm doing good to run to the bathroom! 😅
                          Yesterday, 09:50 PM
                        • will8989
                          San Antonio Rock N’Roll
                          by will8989
                          Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
                          Yesterday, 03:05 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Today’s market
                          by will8989
                          I’m toast! All orders picked up, almost everything sold from the table. Did I say something about taking off tomorrow​​​​​? Nope....
                          Yesterday, 02:54 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
                          by tgiro01
                          I must apologize to everyone on the list. I'm afraid my ornaments will be late. Thursday afternoon, Connie got checked into the hospital with congestive heart failure. Between that and her alzheimers, it has been an interesting couple of days. Once she is released from the hospital, she will go to an...
                          Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                        Working...
                        X