Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storms

i hope everyone was safe from this awful weather today. We got about 5” of rain the past 24 hours. Tornado about 3 miles from my son’s place, one near my niece and some others in the area. It rained so hard and was so windy it came off our roof in sheets over the rain spouts. Not one drop In the basement. Sure glad we replaced the roof in the spring. Stay safe and dry.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

NYC had some serious flooding, images of waterfalls into the subway stations. We had crazy winds but I don't know how much rain as my weather station is not accurate anymore? It is still windy but our area is OK, other parts of the island not so much.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

My part of NC received about a 1/2" of much needed rain.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My son said it got pitch black, winds and rain like crazy. He thought the trees or house was going to blow away. A Highs store about 3/4 mile from them had pretty bad damage. Sounds like they were on the outskirts of the tornado. It was an EF 2 and on the ground for 11 miles. The severe damage in Annapolis was about 2 miles from him. Did I mention they live in the woods in a house with no basement. Luckily Elliott was with us yesterday. Mostly wind and rain here. My brother outside Lancaster, PA, got 7” of rain. Sure glad we had those trees taken down!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X