No announcement yet.

Bad, bad week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jim, glad you are on the mend! As was mentioned, listen to the Doctors, and do what you’re told!
    Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Finally got to come home last night <Wednesday> after on the insurance company to officially reject a piece of equipment I needed, then Medicare could jump into the picture.
      Three extra days in the hospital while paperwork is flying.
      It's a defibrillator vest that the surgeon wants me wear 24/7 except showering.
      But, i feel good and just want to get back to normal.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Defibrillator vest, I have never heard of that. 24/7 forever? Why not an implant?

I am glad that you are finally getting to go home.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I’m glad to hear you have gotten well enough to come home. Sorry for the insurance nightmares you are encountering. Prayers continue for you as you continue to mend.
          Melanie from East TN

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
            Defibrillator vest, I have never heard of that. 24/7 forever? Why not an implant?

I am glad that you are finally getting to go home.
            It is temporary until the ejection factor on my left ventricle is a little higher. I have a follow up echocardiogram after about 6 weeks, so that is why they skipped the implant.
            This is all because my system had a couple of very minor setbacks shaking the after effects of anesthesia. I was sedated almost two days because of the pump they had me hooked to.
            Jim

Comment

My brother in law had to wear one of those for about a month, but he is doing fine now in fact he just turned 90, RJ
              Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Oh Jim that is so crazy. Glad you are doing better, but definitely a stress on you guys. Oh my gosh, I'll be keeping extra extra good thoughts coming your way.
                Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Anesthesia is always a concern as we get older. The technology that is now available is amazing. Behave yourself!
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

My brother has a defibrillator. Right after his heart attack, it would send nightly readings to the doctor now it only sends weekly, unless something is wrong. It took 8 years for his ejection factor to go up 10 points and it is still below normal. Glad you’re home and feeling better.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Hope you are feeling better.
                      Tricia

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery
                        Dewalt 788

Comment

Found this thread a little late, but glad to hear that you are home. Hope your recovery is quick and complete.
                          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Jim - I've been AWOL from the forum for a good while and just got back in to see your message. I truly hope that you have made a successful recovery from your medical issues and remain in better health going forward.

Best wishes and regards
                            Jim
                            Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim I was wondering where you were, hope is well, I like reading your stories, and adventures, RJ
                              Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
                                Jim - I've been AWOL from the forum for a good while and just got back in to see your message. I truly hope that you have made a successful recovery from your medical issues and remain in better health going forward.

Best wishes and regards
                                Jim
                                Doing good. Both my cardiologists seem happy. The surgeon has released me, but I am still wearing a defibrillator vest, until at least early December.
                                My son got married this past Saturday and my step tracker app showed nearly 10K steps and that includes a lot of time I spent in the easy chair just outside the reception area.
                                So, shortened version, I continue to listen to doctors, nurses and therapists. Hope to get back to work and finish training my replacement so I can complete my retirement.
                                Jim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X