Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Hey Rolf, they did take a little while--didn't write that down unfortunately.
    The Wolf on basswood I ran at 1000 speed / 80 power / 225 LPI for a first pass, then did a 2nd pass 1000 / 90 / 170.
    The Bike/Bridge was on MDF 1000 / 95 / 270, 1 pass did it.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    Linda, that sign is way cute. Your work with laser is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    WOW! OK I am impressed. What was the motorcycle burned on? It looks like MDF. The Wolf, even with the grain variations really came out great.
    Do you remember your power and speed?
    Those must have been some long run times.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    replied
    Hey Rolf---the park is able to stay open year round. The garden railroad, Lionel, and the big trains are all outdoors, but the guys do their maintenance and run trains mostly in the early morning hours. The small scale model train guys (HO, N, and Z) have their layouts in an air conditioned building (which is where these signs will go). We do get a couple of different Model railroading magazines, and I'll check them out looking for John.

That's a cool piece you made. I remember you posting it before. I'm just learning photo engraving with the laser a few weeks ago. Here's my stab at it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Very Funny! I love the design. It will fun to know how people react to it.
    Does your park stay open during the crazy heat that you get there? Do you get the Model railroading magazine? If so there is an article in it about a friends layout. John Feraca

I had bought my small laser engraver more as a new toy to play with. I have come to realize just how useful it is. I have never been happy with signing my pieces with a wood burner, even with the small round tip. The wood grain really messes it up. The laser doesn't care about grain. I am not sure if I have posted this before. I made a gift for our minister when she was relocated. She is a very special young lady.
    For me to engrave the stand for this bird house was so easy. The bird house is from a walnut tree that was taken down behind out church. Bird house with base.jpg Birdhouse base.jpg
    Last edited by Rolf; 08-25-2021, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    They are funny! Good job.

Leave a comment:

• Linda In Phoenix
    started a topic Train Park Restroom Sign

Train Park Restroom Sign

Totally NOT scrollsaw. I decided to try to branch out a little, and will see how I can incorporate a laser into my scrollsaw items. However, a person does have to practice....and I cannot stand wasting wood or other resources. So, I made up a design with a sense of humor for the local train park's restroom door. My hubby busted a gut when he read the hats, and daughter cracked up thinking of all the little kids (and some adults) when there were lines at the restrooms during events. Vector art design done with Inkscape, engraved with the laser on mdf I prepainted white before the laser work. Now....my wheels are spinning on adding laser embellishments in fretwork, and labeling the backs of my pieces with the laser instead of my horrible handwriting!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X