Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for today to explode like yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for today to explode like yesterday.

Yesterday started great. Bruce picked up Elliott at 10:30 and headed for the Sandy Point State Park for the day. Finished what I had to do, ready to go to my saw and then...the phone rang. My son. Mom I know I wasn't supposed to use the van (mine he was borrowing) but I needed it for work to meet someone who was taking us to the job in the company truck and I broke down on the way home. I'm under the 301 and route 50 (major road out of DC) bridge. It just down shifted and slowed down. Now I can't get it into or out of gear. Can you call a tow truck. Did I go ballistic? Certainly did. Started having trouble with it again and it wasn't supposed to be moved until we got it back to the garage. His work truck in isn't yet and they only have 1 car and she needed it. After much time getting a tow truck through the insurance company, supposed to show up 3:44 he called to ask where the truck was. Called the Ins co and it was cancelled!! I was as sweet as apple pie to her. Arranged for another truck that would be there in an hour. The temp is 100 and he is up on the hill side in the shade by the bridge incase some idiot wasn't paying attention and slammed into the van. He also drank all his water. Meantime, his boss is trying to cover his butt as to why he didn't have the work truck that was supposed to be delivered 4 weeks ago. He told his boss this wouldn't have happened if he did his job and got his truck when he was supposed to and by the way you broke your contract with me when you didn't have the truck on my first day. This is all your fault. He also told him the last thing he wanted was to deal with me if something happened to him while waiting for the tow truck. My son also took pictures of himself and the van with a time stamp and coordinates incase someone disputed his being broke down. He's supposed to get his truck today. His boss said "Whatever your Mom needs" and approved him for a company credit card on the spot. My son was ballistic for 3 hours! That apple certainly didn't fall from this tree. So glad I have the warranty on the van! This looks to be a major transmission or engine job. Bet they won't offer me that again if I ever get another vehicle. The worst part of the day? I saw people getting the new magazine and I forgot to renew my subscription! Stay cool and be calm. Heading to my saw now. After I renew my subscription.
    Last edited by will8989; 07-08-2021, 11:53 AM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Wow Betty. You should write a book.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got the van back yesterday. The part they replaced last month was defective and caused everything to shut down. Pulled out of the dealers and the change oil light came on. Sure glad itโ€™s only a few miles from the house. Son stopped by with his new work truck. Full size 2500 work van. Chapter closed. I hope.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X