SI Joint Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI Joint Screwed

I can not wait to get back to the shop. I have some pretty bad back issues including a lumbar fusion. .I was still having pain so with a CT scan and other tests the doctor found my SI Joint on the left side was worn out and pinching nerves. The SI Joint is where the bottom of the spine and pelvis come together.

Well, it was about a 1.5 hour outpatient surgery to put two screws (titanium) in to fuse the joint. I was on a walker for a week and now a cane. Pretty limited in what I can do and my wife watches me like a hawk. The pain is not too bad most of the time and will get better. My saw is downstairs and I am not allowed to go to my shop.

I am anxious to get back to making sawdust but likely several weeks.

Sorry to hear of your issues. Sounds like your surgery went well. I pray it helps your pain and issues. Do the PT and listen to your Dr and your wife. Soon enough (though I know it doesn’t see, like it) you will be back in the shops. Prayers for good healing.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

First Linda and now you. My friends are all falling a part. I hope you get better soon. Making sawdust is good for the mind, body and soul.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Just listen and do what you re told and need to do. I watched Bruce like a hawk when he first had his shoulder surgery. I still question him if he is doing too much, like throwing the tree trunks into the back of the pickup after the tree was cut down. After that and he was fine, I just ignore him now. Amazing what science can do!!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I broke my back when I was 16 and have lived with back issues since. Two heart attacks added to that seems to slow a person down. Most recently I've pulled a ham string that I'm wondering if it will ever heal. Keep your chin up. I'm sure dust will be settling in your shop very soon.

Comment

Sounds like you might be on the mend. Take care my friend.
            Denny
            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. In addition to what I mentioned, I have a hip replacement and also a spinal cord stimulator. An x-ray of my back looks like there is an alien invasion. I do not even go off when at the airport.

Comment

Take care and listen to the medical folks. Sawdust will wait and the time will pass.
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Wow. You are sure dealing with a lot. I hope you will be able to do a little hobby time here or there to distract you, or maybe just take notes on projects you want to do when you're able. Take care of yourself for sure.
                  Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Sounds like things are getting better. Follow Doctor's orders and don't rush it. Good luck!
                    "Time to Give Back"

Comment

As all have said listen to your wife and the rest of the team that is helping with your recovery. We are all fortunate that we live in a time where they can repair our failing bits.
                      Rolf
                      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

The technology of today is amazing. With a CT they can see what is going on and diagnose the problems. Thirty years ago this was not possible. I am very thankful for the technology and skilled doctors. I hate to think where I would be without these.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X