Instagram anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram anyone?

The editors posted a request to Instagram yesterday for folks who cut small letters.
    Wondering who here has Instagram and saw it?

If you do have an account, I can be found @oldfirechief
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Maybe this is why they don’t post on here anymore. Instagram. No I don’t have it or any of the others. You know the saying - silence speaks louder than words.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Instagram? I rolled my eyes. Between Facebook, Instagram, and the others we have do decide between monitoring social media sites as well as regular forum sites (like this one).....or scrollsaw. The more sites we have to babysit the less time we can devote to our passion. So sad.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Nope. No social media for me. I think they are time vampires!

I have been tempted to do Facebook for my other hobby of Metal detecting, but I've resisted so far!

Karl
        Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

My husband used to metal detect all the time. He just does it occasionally now. Most of his finds are civil war. He
          has found a gold coin, gold bracelets that he sold and bought me a ruby and diamond ring, plus lots of old silver coins. He has a Garrett. What do you Use?
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It seems FC is sending a very loud and clear message by their silence here in their own website. It is so sad.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I'm with Linda - too many things to do to contmeplate using Instagram and most other social network alternatives. I barely post on Facebook to my account and only really use it for Messenger to chat or video with a few good friends and family.
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Betty,

I use a Minelab Equinox 800. I started in the mid 80's with a White's detector, but didn't use it much with our children growing up. Once our children were out of the home I decided to purchase one. I got it in November last year and I go out about 2-3 times a week.

Karl
                Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                  It seems FC is sending a very loud and clear message by their silence here in their own website. It is so sad.
                  I agree.. I have even sent them emails asking why no involvement. They do not seem to care about this site at all.. I get very nice replies that seem they care, but it does not show up here or on Facebook.. Where the HELL is BOB.............cannot find him on FB or here.. Fox needs him back soon..
                  The other John A. Nelson
                  johnsworkshop.com
                  sigpic
                  I just follow the lines and make sawdust
                  on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post
                    As a test cuter I am in contact with the staff at FC and bring some of these concerns to their attention.
                    They have a very limited staff, they publish two magazines and many books. As far as I know they do not have anyone that is fully dedicated to this forum. As was said above social media is a bottomless pit that will suck up major time.

When Bob was still working there, especially early on, this forum was it , now there is FB, Instagram, etc. Regarding Bob, several people have been trying to contact him without success. I just hope all is well. I know he is not with Grobet anymore.

Bottom line is, if you have a concern then by all means contact the editors.

I am not on instagram I belong to so many special interest groups now that I only have the time to skim them, Too many hobbies.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Karl, we live where there are a lot of civil war sites. My sister in law father owns the hotel in Relay, MD, where soldiers used to get the train and some would muster out. Bruce searched it thoroughly before renovations were done and found lots of artifacts. In doing ancestry research, my cousin found a Captain was on one of the trains. Turns out, he was also at the steps at the courthouse in Appomattox when Grant surrendered. He is related to us on my grandfather’s side with the family last name of Wharry and is buried in the first section in Arlington. Searching back further, I may have relationship to someone from the War of 1812. If proven, that would make a lot of my family eligible for the DAR. Amazing where a metal detector can take you. Bruce has A Garrett water detector. Problem here is you can only get to the beach along the Bay from water. No problem. His brother also has a detector and boat!
                      Betty
                      Betty

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post

As a test cuter I am in contact with the staff at FC and bring some of these concerns to their attention.
                        They have a very limited staff, they publish two magazines and many books. As far as I know they do not have anyone that is fully dedicated to this forum. As was said above social media is a bottomless pit that will suck up major time.

When Bob was still working there, especially early on, this forum was it , now there is FB, Instagram, etc. Regarding Bob, several people have been trying to contact him without success. I just hope all is well. I know he is not with Grobet anymore.

Bottom line is, if you have a concern then by all means contact the editors.

I am not on instagram I belong to so many special interest groups now that I only have the time to skim them, Too many hobbies.
                        I know that there are only so many hours in the day but they really need to pop in periodically. Like I said I think their total silence is sending the wrong message.
                        Scott
                        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X