“Old Men” at the sawmill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Old Men” at the sawmill

This letter was received by Kinder Park. Other than 2 volunteers under 45, the ages range from the youngest, Bruce, 72 to 85.

Dear Vice President Rocky

I have the honor to forward to your attention, the logo of the nonprofit Friends of Kinder Farm Park, provided by Mr. Thos. Lahdelma, whose section of the 'Friends' donated, free-of-charge, enough sawn pieces of 12"x12" oak timbers to produced, when further subdivided, eight 2' long sections plus four 1 1/4' sections, all of which may be used in the near future, as bilge blocking for the CHARLES D. GAITHER.

In addition, Mr. Lahdelma, and his crew of able volunteers, added in a number of feet of oaken flat boards from a designated assortment, on-hand at the park's sawmill, that may be used as end-risers for the bilge cribbing.

Mr. Lahdelma and his crew are in hopes of receiving a courtesy tour of NS SAVANNAH, on any given future Wednesday morning, once the pandemic restriction is lifted aboard ship by the Federal government.

I am in high hopes that the Baltimore & Chesapeake Steamboat Company may be of assistance to the 'Friends' in providing the necessary docents for this purpose and making all of the necessary arrangements through the proper channels, when that time arrives.

Know me to be, most sincerely,
    W.F. Mathers
    Baltimore & Chesapeake Steamboat Company
    One (1) Attachment: Logo - Friends of Kinder Farm Park, Anne Arundel County, MD

Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to My computer issues.
    by Linda In Phoenix
    Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Linda,
    Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
    Today, 08:41 AM
  • RJweb
    by RJweb
    Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
    Today, 08:39 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to New turning tools
    by Rolf
    Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
    Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
    This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
    Today, 08:27 AM
  • NC Scroller
    by NC Scroller
    There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
    Today, 07:57 AM
Working...
X