No announcement yet.

My lucky day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are funny! Thanks for the chuckles.
    Last edited by Rolf; 04-15-2021, 08:48 AM.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

When I went for both of mine I asked if I could get a lollipop if I did not cry. The nurses all laughed.
      Nice one Scott! - I should have thought of something similar
      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
      - Albert Einstein

Comment

When my sister went for her shot, she gave the staff at the clinic a box of Sweet and Salty Nut mix from Sam's Club. You know the kind, 36 packages of nuts and M&Ms. The nurse at the desk told her the staff would appreciate the snack and said she would put them in the break room.
        Jo Labre - in beautiful Racine, Wisconsin

Mostly, I don't know what I am doing - but I am doing it with GUSTO!

Comment

Bruce got his Pfizer shot today. He walked in at 3:00 and on his way home by 3:20. He estimated over 100 getting shots. She asked if his right arm was ok for the shot. He told her only if she wanted it squirting back out at her. I get mine on Tuesday.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

The wife got her J&J shot yesterday. In PA, the J&J vaccine is being allocated specifically to school teachers & staff, bus drivers, etc. This in an effort to get kids safely back to in class learning. Earlier this school year, she got a part time job at the elementary school where our youngest 2 grandkids go, so she was eligible. So far, as of this morning, no side affects, other than a sore arm. They say that side affects could appear 24-48 hours after the shot, so we'll see how she feels this evening.
            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I received a call from the hospital a week ago Friday. They told me my name was on the second list of people with health issues and the right age. (I'm 62). Went to the hospital last Weds and got the J&J shot. No side effects, just a sore arm. Someone else I know got the same shot that day and had to stay home because of a high fever. My wife went in a day later and got her shot. Today she stayed home because she didn't feel well. She's very hoarse but she doesn't think it's because of the shot and that it's just a cold. Dan

Comment

Other than a sore arm, my wife has had no side affects. My youngest daughter (school teacher), on the other hand, got hers yesterday afternoon and by evening felt terrible, fever, chills, body aches, nausea, etc. She's staying home today. Both of them got the J&J vaccine.
                Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I got Moderna one today. Had headache and felt crummy the afternoon. Slept for 2 hours felt better but now headache has returned. Good night.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I’ve had more reactions from the shot than Bruce did when he had COVID! Oh wait, he had no symptoms and we didn’t even know he had it until he got a test. Still have headache on left side and nausea. But since my first show is Sunday at the farmers mkt I have things to do do I’ll just keep on keeping on. And I have a little leprechaun coming for the afternoon after they are done at the park. Next appointment, not planning anything for a few days.
                    Betty

Comment

Yes! - Today I got my second dose of the vaccine so I am now officially Pfizerized! This time around the local government did a much better job of organizing where and when to get the shots and opened up 5 smaller vaccination centers around the city instead of the previous one large one for the first shot and I was in an out of my designated center in just under 90 mins. No after effects at the moment so its back to work on my shop extension. Happy days....

Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats on your new status. That’s a big item to cross off your to-do list.

On an ironic note, now that Joe and I are fully immunized, and just starting to do daring things like getting haircuts at a real barber shop, our village had a water main break, and we’re having to keep safe from totally different kinds of pathogens. Should only be another day or so, but trying to remember another safety protocol is making my eyes spin in different directions!
                        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Joe and I are fully immunized, and just starting to do daring things like getting haircuts at a real barber shop
                          Too funny Carole

I've never really considered getting a haircut as being daring except maybe once when I contemplated getting my hair cut in an open air village market in southern Ethiopa where the 'barber' was using a pair of shears which I am sure were borrowed from a sheep farmer! Nevertheless, having buzz cut my own hair twice during the past few months I do look forward to visting a real barber to get a professional tidy up job.

Sorry to hear about water problems, Stay safe!
                          Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

My wife had her own hairdressing business long before we met. she has maintained her license, so getting a hair cut for me is a non issue.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Got my second shot Tuesday. Only reaction was next morning shot area very sore and fingers and arm hurt. One Tylenol took care of everything. As for haircuts, I’ve been doing Bruce’s since we got married. No license. Am I in trouble? We’ve been maintaining a normal life throughout this whole year with precautions. Other than Bruce testing positive with no symptoms, things have been good.
                              Betty

Comment

Jane has cut my hair since we moved to the Lake. I could not see driving 90 minutes to my old barber. Since Covid I have learned to cut her. She is happy with the results. As the say "Happy Wife...Happy Life."
                                Scott
                                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• millwab
                                  Reply to elementary questions
                                  by millwab
                                  Dan, your questions are a little tough to answer without knowing a little more about this puzzle you're cutting. That said, here are my thoughts:
                                  • First of all, it would be helpful to know the overall size of this puzzle and how many pieces you're thinking of cutting it into. 1/2" BB is pretty
                                  Today, 07:09 PM
                                • dwssr2
                                  elementary questions
                                  by dwssr2
                                  So I am making a puzzel for a co worker, not real intricagte, I am using 1/2 baltic birch, I almost always use fdur blades. My questions are what size blade sholuld I use, considering finish, and what size entry hole should I drill?
                                  Next question is how to finish? When painting puzzles, different...
                                  Today, 11:49 AM
                                • Sandy Oaks
                                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                                  by Sandy Oaks
                                  Thanks Linda. I got the email and sent you a reply. I hope I answered the questions....
                                  Today, 11:33 AM
                                • Linda In Phoenix
                                  Reply to ArtCrafters - Pegas Scroll Saw Blades
                                  by Linda In Phoenix
                                  Hey Denny---I shot you an email with a few questions. I might just have to dip my toe into the world of Pegas blades vs FD. At least to try! Open minded explorations. Thank you ! Linda
                                  Today, 10:29 AM
                                • Linda In Phoenix
                                  Reply to Having a Betty week
                                  by Linda In Phoenix
                                  Be careful---soon she will be able to outrun you! Remember when fridges lasted for decades?! Glad she's doing well.
                                  Today, 10:12 AM
                                Working...
                                X