My lucky day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lucky day!

it has been a challenge getting a Vaccine appointment. So Sunday went on the NY state system for our local hospital and I guess I got someone's cancelation. I just cam back from my first shot. It was probably the most organized event I have ever witnessed. My appointment was for 8:30, got there at 8:15 in the after shot waiting area at 8:25.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Great news... My wife and I rec'd our second shots last week. Our close circle of friends have done the same so we hope to return to some prior levels of normalcy within our group.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My second shot is next week. Becky is registered, but no appointment yet.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Rolf. It shouldn’t be so harrowing just trying to do the right thing, but good that you didn’t give up.
        Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Congrats to all you folks who got your jabs

Still no news as to when elderly folk will get their shots here in Mexico. I tuned in to the Monday morning government bulletin this morning only to find out that the Health Secretary who normally gives these bulletins was absent. He was admitted to hospital over the weekend with Covid.
          Not exactly confidence inspiring.

We live in hope that sooner rather than later there with be vaccines available.
          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Get my second shot in less than two weeks. Can't wait.
            "Time to Give Back"

Comment

My wife and I got our second shot two weeks ago, we’re done!
              Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I got my second shot last week here at the Eisenhower Med Center in Palm Springs. I am 82 and in their system and was contacted by them to come in for my first shot. At the completion of that shot I was given my appt. for the second shot.
                Like yours Rolf they were really organized both times. They had a whole army of volunteers checking you in, giving directions, sanitizing each chair before and after the injection. Even offered a bottle of water during the after shot waiting period.

My only after effect was a little soreness at the injection site for a day. Also, mid morning on the second day I was in my shop and got real tired (wiped out!) so I quit and slept til noon, ate lunch, and had another nap after lunch. That was it, thankfully.

My wife is scheduled for her 2nd shot this week.

Comment

Here in Mid-Michigan, my wife & I (both 65) got our first shot - the Pfizer one - last Sunday; with our second one scheduled for March 21st. Both of us were a little fatigued that evening... went to be early. Next day, just had a sore arm where we received the shot. Hope it's that way with the second one.
                  Last edited by JeffieK; 03-02-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

My wife and I got the Moderna vaccine with our second shot last week. We had no reaction after the first shot but both of us had some body and fatigue for two days after the 2nd dose.

Comment

Connie & I got our first shot a couple weeks ago. Scheduled for the 10th for the second one.
                      Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Being younger than 65, with no qualifying health conditions, I don't anticipate getting a vaccine for some time. My wife works for the school district, so she may be eligible in the next phase. President Biden says that supply will be sufficient for all US adults by end of May. I'm hoping that proves to be true. The approval for emergency use of the J&J vaccine and Merck partnering with J&J to produce their vaccine should be a big step forward. Fingers crossed.
                        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

After a lot of misleading communications the Mexican government seems to be finally getting it's act together. I was just sent a bulletin inviting me to present myself at a vaccination station this coming Wednesday.

Still no idea of which vaccine I'll be getting but if it's the Russian Sputnik V variety I think I might also get a free space ride around the earth!
                          Last edited by jim_mex; 03-06-2021, 04:47 AM.
                          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad to hear the good news. I admire your ever-present spirit of adventure!
                            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Great news. I know from personal experience getting the vaccine has been a great uplift to me. It gives a new hope that the worst is truly behind us. In the US we did not have a choice in most cases. You got whatever you got. My wife and I both had the Pfizer one and had minimal issues like: arm soreness, fatigue and slight headache which lasted a day.
                              Scott
                              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• keystonecop
                                Reply to elementary questions
                                by keystonecop
                                I cut over 100 3/4" hardwood puzzles evey year.. I use #% Flying Dutchman Ultra Reverse or Pegas Modified Geometry blades. They are easier for young children and older adults. If you going to paint.. that will effect the parts as well.. I only tried that a few times. the pieces stuck together for...
                                Today, 12:48 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Dream Catchers Cardinal and Hummingbird
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                I finally finished two Dream Catchers, one with a Cardinal and the other Hummingbird. The dream catchers made from Ash and the feathers Walnut and Maple. The Hummingbird is Cherry and the Cardinal from various hardwoods. The finish is a coat of spray Shellac as a sealer and two coats MinWax spray Lacquer...
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.
                                Today, 12:42 PM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Parrot
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                A pattern by Sue Mey. Finished two different ways. One is framed with a Birdseye Frame and the other backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood stained black. Stack cut 1/8" BB plywood on a Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #1R MGT blades. In fact, I used only one blade on the project.
                                Today, 11:37 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Cat Angel
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                A pattern by Sue Mey. Finished two different ways. One is framed with a Birdseye Frame and the other backed with 3/8" Baltic Birch plywood stained black. Stack cut 1/8" BB plywood on a Pegas Scroll Saw using Pegas #1R MGT and #1 Spiral blades. The letters with the MGT blade and the rest with...
                                Today, 11:36 AM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to Bruce at the sawmill
                                by hotshot
                                I would love to have something like that near me. I love that old machinery.
                                Today, 11:08 AM
                              Working...
                              X