Bruce released for full physical therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce released for full physical therapy

He finally got the go ahead for more intensive pt. He was using the bands they gave him at home since Dec, was supposed to go back in Jan but covid changed that, but now he can go back to 2x a week for the full treatment! And boy is he sore when he gets home. First they do mild stretches to warm his muscles up, Then they have him lay on his stomach, the therapist balances herself with one foot on a stool and the other knee in his waist area. Then she pulls his arm back several times to stretch the front muscle, then when he stands up she pulls the arm forward to stretch the back muscle.. The muscles have shrunk with hardly any use. Then the real work begins when he uses the bands for strength. He then uses a wheel with handles and rotates his arms like he is riding a bike. He asked if he was supposed to be doing that and she just smiled. Twice a week until his next visit in May with the PA. He said if nothing else the surgery was worth it as all the pain is gone in his shoulder and he can move his arm in any direction with no pain. Just no strength. $60,000+ well spent.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Good to hear of the progress. (Just in time for mowing season)
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Glad to hear. Just tell him to keep at it.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Back 2 steps. He had to have a spot cut off his back for biopsy and the dr. had to go deep, needed stitches inside and outside, so no exercises for 2 weeks until stitches are out. He sure is high maintenance!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Hi Betty - you surely have one heck of a lot of patience in dealing with Bruce!!!

The important thing is that he appears to be heading in the right direction and hopefully it won't be too much longer before you can both put these issues behind you. And once he's recovered with your invaluable assistance, milk it for all its worth!!!
          Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad to hear he is getting back on track. After seeing what my wife went through, after her fall, I wouldn't wish rehab or PT on anyone.
            Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

He’s the one with the patience. At least i don’t ricochet off the walls as much as I used to! We certainly proved opposites attract. How dull life would be if we were the same.
              Betty

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                He sure is high maintenance!
                That's what happens after the warrantee expires.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

That's what happens after the warrantee expires.
                  Very funny Scott - I'll remember this for the next time Norma comments of me complaining about aches and pains.
                  Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

PT, as painful as it can be is crucial! I shattered my right elbow in 2003, 5hrs of surgery and lots of hardware put it back together.
                    The PT brought tears to my eyes many times But I now have a full range of motion. The only thing I can't do is throw stuff like rocks and frisbees my elbow lets me know not to do that. Without my therapist pushing me I would not be back to where I am now.
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

They push him. He said you wouldn’t think someone so small could inflict that amount of pain on Another person. This just another bump in the road.
                      Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dgman
                        Reply to Wood identification needed
                        by dgman
                        The first picture is Wenge, pronounced WHEN-ghay or WHEN-Gii. It is a very hard wood. It’s splintery and very hard to cut. When finished, it is almost black. I use it when I need a black wood for Intarsia. I do not know anything about the other wood.
                        Today, 10:40 PM
                      • vgraf
                        Wood identification needed
                        by vgraf
                        I have a new neighbor who did a lot of woodworking in the past but had to give it up because of allergies. He sold his shop equipment and wood stockpile when he moved here, however he kept a few pieces of fancy wood and showed them to me. The first one (First Photo) he had no idea what it was. It is...
                        Today, 09:31 PM
                      • Jim McDonald
                        Reply to Need advice...
                        by Jim McDonald
                        Thanks Carole!
                        Today, 10:19 AM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                        by will8989
                        SLRA does a “spot” check. He’s lucky I’m keeping him around. It was free with a purchase at harbor freight. When people pick up a basket to examine, usually first time customers, they inspect everything for glue ups, drill holes, etc. of course, I don’t think half of them know what they are...
                        Today, 09:08 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to I decided I needed a challenge
                        by Rolf
                        Interesting, I will nee to try that.
                        Today, 08:01 AM
                      Working...
                      X