How’s that warm weather RJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How’s that warm weather RJ?

I think you’re colder than we are. Our ice from yesterday is melting and it’s supposed to get to 35 deg today! No wind chill! ❄️🌬☃️
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Mid 70's later this week here in Palm Desert, CA. 😀

Comment

This sucks, the snow is no problem it’s the other people that don’t know how to drive in it. I drove with this weather for 50 years, so experience is the trick. The bad part was no power thank god we have a gas fireplace, that worked well. I moved here to get away from it. How is your family doing down here, RJ
      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

We have about two feet of snow on the ground. We got over 8" last night and it has been cold down around 0 F. We are getting some intermittent lake snow this afternoon. But, not a disaster.

I feel sorry for those in Texas that have gotten abnormal temperatures along with significant snow. Most do not have a snow shovel or know how to drive in it or cities have snow equipment. The houses are typically not built for such weather. I fear that there is going to be significant damage when things thaw out.

I pray for those hit by tornadoes last night.

Some states like Nebraska have been hit by many snow storms and blizzards this winter and temperatures down to -25 F today.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm.
        ​​​

Comment

The tornado in NC was about 150 miles from me. What is going to be bad is the new ice storm that is rolling in tonight and expected to last onto Friday morning. They are calling for up to 1/2" of ice.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

We have about a foot on the ground and this morning when I went to work at 0645, it was -2°F.
            But, it's February in Indiana.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Doing ok RJ. They finally got power back as well as my friend that lives past Sea World. We’re getting ice. Know what you mean about drivers so we just stay off the roads. Been through and stuck in too many blizzards and snowstorms to go out.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Well that was fun! I just finished with the snow blower, we got about 6" this morning. I do mine and a couple of neighbors.
                I do feel bad for the southern states with the deep freeze, it is bad enough to lose heat but then the frozen pipes is another issue. I had a transfer switch put in about a month ago so I could connect my generator. A super quiet Honda that is enough for the heat , refrigerator and electronics. It is only 120V so we cant use the stove the stove. I can honestly say I don't miss my AF days in Minot ND in February.

Every body stay safe!!
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

We got about 2" of snow then freezing rain and sleet, which Bruce scrapped off with the shovel than put ice melt down. Our driveway is almost dry. Supposed to get 2-3" snow tonight. He hasn't used the snow blower as there just hasn't been enough snow for it. I think he's disappointed he hasn't needed to use it. Stay safe and warm.
                  Betty

Comment

My part of NC dodged a real bullet. Some heavy freeze rain started forming but then all melted.
                    Scott

Comment

We are good to go the power is back and went to the food store and got what we needed, temps going up will be 60’ s by Sunday, RJ
                      Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

The news reports here are having some dire conditions in Texas even with power restored. Hope you didn't have any pipe bursting. That looks to be a complete nightmare. Be safe. Still waiting to hear how my friend's son outside Dallas is doing. I can't imagine water pouring down from the ceiling. Be safe.
                        Betty

Comment

Yes we were very lucky we had no pipes break, there were a lot of people way wurst than us, we only had to replace everything in our ice box (shows my age), RJ
                          Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Anyone hear from Jim Finn? He is from Texas.
                            Last edited by NC Scroller; 02-24-2021, 09:40 AM.
                            Scott

Comment

Hi folks - I really feel sorry for you people north of the border.

Here in Central Mexico, apart from a couple of days at the end of January where we had a couple of showers in the evenings we have seen hardly any clouds in the sky during the day since the New Year and although we 've had a few fresh early mornings due to the altitude (8,000 ft above sea level) its been around the low 40's F at daybreak peaking in the low 70's by mid afternoon. We even had a few days at the end of January which reached 78 F ! Great for working outside and occasionally taking my bike out for a ride.

Give it a couple more weeks and we will be screaming for some rain
                              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                Figured it out. The photos were Live and I had to edit them. As you can see, we were quite lucky they didn’t come crashing down in a storm. The last picture was a 2 trunk tree. My son already split a truck load today.

Next project, the roofer next week. Yippee....
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              • handibunny
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by handibunny
                                Betty, I just tried a test, using a standard jpeg file. I clicked "upload attachments", then selected the photo I wanted to upload, then double clicked the photo, and it uploaded without a problem. Go figure!
                                Yesterday, 12:07 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                When I try to upload pictures, why is there an X next to upload attachments? I hate computers.
                                Yesterday, 09:14 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                Here’s the pics. Or not. Won’t let me upload. Will try in the morning.
                                04-19-2021, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                we had to have 2 trees taken down over the weekend. As you can see by the centers, Mother Nature was close to dropping them on our house, shed and truck. When he made the first cut the one directly behind our bedroom, it hit the ground and exploded. The one behind the shed was 100’ feet tall and had...
                                04-19-2021, 09:34 PM
                              Working...
                              X