No announcement yet.

Who has Been Vaccinated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in Mexico we are way behind the US. Last week the government put up a web site for over 60's to register to be vaccinated. It was impossible to access the login page for the first 48 hrs. When folks were finally able to obtain access the servers used to confirm the individual's national identity number were overwhelmed and gave no response. Finally, in my case, I was able to register 5 days later after accessing the site at 2:00 am when their was less site traffic.

Now we have to wait for an official contact to give us a scheduled date for vaccinations. It's anyone's guess when this will be. At the moment the government hasn't even confirmed if it has vaccines available.

My estimation is that if I as a 70 year old manage to get a vaccine before the end of March I'll be surprised.

Meanwhile I'll keep taking my motorcycle out and head to the hills to practice social distancing!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Same thing here. “On the list and will be notified.”
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It’s the same here in Texas, I am on a list at the va but don’t know when that will be, a lot of veterans down here, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by jim_mex View Post
          Here in Mexico we are way behind the US. Last week the government put up a web site for over 60's to register to be vaccinated. It was impossible to access the login page for the first 48 hrs. When folks were finally able to obtain access the servers used to confirm the individual's national identity number were overwhelmed and gave no response. Finally, in my case, I was able to register 5 days later after accessing the site at 2:00 am when their was less site traffic.

Now we have to wait for an official contact to give us a scheduled date for vaccinations. It's anyone's guess when this will be. At the moment the government hasn't even confirmed if it has vaccines available.

My estimation is that if I as a 70 year old manage to get a vaccine before the end of March I'll be surprised.

Meanwhile I'll keep taking my motorcycle out and head to the hills to practice social distancing!
          Jim now might be a good time to come visit your sister in law. There are many drive through and by appointment mass events. NC is doing a decent job in shooting people. With the vaccine and not bullets.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You're not so far behind in Mexico. I'm in Arizona. We are still not registering anyone under 65. And Arizona sent their Pfizer vaccine request to the wrong place a couple weeks ago, so we got zero for anyone this entire past week. We are taking it S L O W !
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Got first one getting second one on the 26th. As others said I had no problem here in Indiana getting mine. As side note I heard a person say that people don’t want the shot because they don’t know what is in it. But these same people have been eating hot dogs for years lol

Comment

On the upside, my second test came back negative! The health Dept said I could l could go out when I got my 2nd negative test. They are calling Bruce tomorrow. He has had no symptoms at all since October, when he started going out after his surgery.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
                  On the upside, my second test came back negative! The health Dept said I could l could go out when I got my 2nd negative test. They are calling Bruce tomorrow. He has had no symptoms at all since October, when he started going out after his surgery.
                  Great news.
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackman View Post
                    Got first one getting second one on the 26th. As others said I had no problem here in Indiana getting mine. As side note I heard a person say that people don’t want the shot because they don’t know what is in it. But these same people have been eating hot dogs for years lol
                    Get my first dose on 3-4. Had issues with the online, but a call to 211 and all was handled in under 15 minutes. Whoever set up the logistics for our state seems to be getting it right--most of the time.

And, hot dogs--everyone knows if there is no lips and tails, you have a frankfurter, not a hot dog! 🤦‍♂️🤔
                    Jim

Comment

[QUOTE=Jim McDonald

And, hot dogs--everyone knows if there is no lips and tails, you have a frankfurter, not a hot dog! 🤦‍♂️🤔[/QUOTE]

You must be a transfer to Indiana, here in Indiana they are hot dogs LOL

Comment

I live in NW MS, very near (shopping distance) from Memphis. The MS setup and TN setup are somewhat different, but either way, it is not getting out fast enough for most. In MS, the first responders and teachers have theirs; 75 and older and now 65-75 plus health issue people get to get theirs with the 65-75 age group.

Rural areas are the last ones to get it. I live in a rural county with large farms and small population (10,000+) and we have had one batch of 400. But the State rolls out so many per week to specific locations. It is very unfair in my opinion - to people technologically challenged and not on the right text list. If you are not on the right list, you will not hear about it until each location has had all appointment slots filled. And if you do hear about it while appointments are open, you may have to drive 100 -150 miles to get the shot. I am on the list, got my first one two weeks ago. I got a request to help a lady get her signed up, (her husband is not able to take one), so I went to her house within 20 minutes after I got my appointment, and the slots were all taken except for 200 miles away. She declined for the distance.

My wife was in Florida for 5 weeks taking care of her 94 year old mom, so she missed the first go round for our age group (65-74). This past week, I got another text and went online immediately and got an appointment for LOML in the middle of Feb. about 60 miles from where we live. I get my second one at the end of Feb.
                        Hank Lee
                        Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Totally vaccinated. First one was in January and 2nd was yesterday morning. Husband is a firefighter and I am a support member who is called in to duty for food, etc. in case of large events. Process was cake walk. Yesterday we had 9:30 appointments and were already in the chairs waiting for any reaction by 9:30. Onondaga County in Upstate NY has it well organized. There is also a state vaccination site at the NYS Fairgrounds.
                          No reaction other than sore arm from either shot. We had the Moderna vaccine.
                          Barbara
                          Proud user of Excalibur, RBI Hawk, & Delta

Comment

UPDATE:
                            I didn't think my appointment at the pharmacy went through, so I made the March appointment at the hospital.
                            Two days later, the pharmacy texted and I got my 1st Moderna Thursday afternoon. The system automatically made my 2nd appointment so I will be ready to go before St. Patrick's.
                            Jim

Comment

My wife and I got our second vaccination today. We were in and out in ten minutes.
                              Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                Figured it out. The photos were Live and I had to edit them. As you can see, we were quite lucky they didn’t come crashing down in a storm. The last picture was a 2 trunk tree. My son already split a truck load today.

Next project, the roofer next week. Yippee....
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              • handibunny
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by handibunny
                                Betty, I just tried a test, using a standard jpeg file. I clicked "upload attachments", then selected the photo I wanted to upload, then double clicked the photo, and it uploaded without a problem. Go figure!
                                Yesterday, 12:07 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                When I try to upload pictures, why is there an X next to upload attachments? I hate computers.
                                Yesterday, 09:14 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                Here’s the pics. Or not. Won’t let me upload. Will try in the morning.
                                04-19-2021, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Need any wood?
                                by will8989
                                we had to have 2 trees taken down over the weekend. As you can see by the centers, Mother Nature was close to dropping them on our house, shed and truck. When he made the first cut the one directly behind our bedroom, it hit the ground and exploded. The one behind the shed was 100’ feet tall and had...
                                04-19-2021, 09:34 PM
                              Working...
                              X