Who has Been Vaccinated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has Been Vaccinated ?

My wife and I got vaccinated this morning. I had worried that there would be long lines. But, the state of Indiana seems to have gotten it right. We went online 10 days ago and scheduled an bbc.co appointment. We got there as nd no line and went thru the check in, got our shots, waited 15 minutes after and then left. It took a total of maybe 30 minutes.

​​​​​We also scheduled the 2nd shot for 28 days from now.

This brought back memories for my wife and I of the polio immunization in the early 1950s.

We have not. A visit to the doctor and he stated that once sick with covid, the antibodies are active in the body.
    Denny
    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Can't get mine yet in Arizona, although I'd love to. Don't have enough vaccines here, so we are still focused on high exposure 'essential workers' and people over 75. I have a sister in assisted living with hospice people and care givers that come and go everyday...they still haven't received the vaccines yet either. It's no wonder Arizona is still one of the worst places in the world for exposure. Stay safe everyone, and I sure hope these vaccines work as well as childhood disease vaccines do.
      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

My wife and I got our first shot a week ago.
        Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
        "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Our appt is next week, I think. We are going to another county as ours doesn’t have enough. So they say. First one was cancelled for 2/1 as they had to make sure they had enough for the 2nd shot. Applied the next day and got the same appointment they cancelled. Go figure.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Waiting on Indiana to open the 65 yo group.
            Jim
            When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
            Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I’m too young yet don’t meet other guidelines. We are still 75 and over or health care workers I believe. My husband is in health care, so he has now gotten both of his shots. At this rate, I figure I will be doing good if I get sometime this summer. Glad hubby got his, figure he was my biggest risk. I stay home most of time unless I need to go to grocery store. Always wear my mask, and use hand sanitizer.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

NC opened it up to 65+ the week of January 11. It took us an hour plus to get appointments online through one of the major hospital systems. We had to go to separate places but both my wife and I had our first dose of the vaccine on January 21st and appointments for the second one on Feb 23rd. The actual process was amazingly well organized.

All the counties here are handling it differently. Some are doing great others not so much.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

NY is a mess, we have not even tried yet.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I am sorry to hear that people are having so many issues getting the vaccine. Indiana seems to have a great system. I signed up online with no problems. When I went for my shot they had numerous stations to check in and numerous stations to get your shot. Some giving shots were volunteers from the Indiana National Guard.

​​​​​​We had to wait 15 minutes after to check for a reaction. I got an email today with my appointment for the second shot in four weeks.

Comment

As soon as those 75+ we were eligible, we tried to make our appointments. It took over 4+ days to finally get through. We finally got our appointments, we are tentatively scheduled for March for 31. In the rural area of the Southern tier of NY, it seems as though the problem is vaccine availability. Yesterday on the local TV station, it was announced with much excitement that they are scheduled to receive 400 doses next week.

Shortly after the 400 dose announcement was made, President Biden announced that the Federal Government had committed for sufficient vaccine to be available for 300 million by summers end.
                      cwmagee
                      aka Fibber
                      Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Vaccine availability is dependent on the companies production and not on what someone in the government says. I believe the companies are producing the vaccine as quickly as possible.

Comment

This is a very hot topic across the internet, the nation and the entire world. I can't imagine how you can organize and manage an effort on this scale. Clearly some place are handling it better than others. In NC the rural counites seem to be doing better than the more populated counties. Go figure. Just the US alone has over 330,000,000 people. I am not a math person but if you figured 50 shots per minute (one per minute per state) it would take 6.6 million minutes. If my math is correct that would 4,583 days or 12.5 years doing it 365 days a year 24 hours a day. Obviously with organization the number per minute per state will be much higher than 1 per but it is still mind boggling.
                          Scott
                          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My oldest daughter and her husband are both nurses and have had both 1st & 2nd shots. My youngest daughter is a school teacher, so she is supposed to be in the next tier of eligibility. My Mom got her first shot and is scheduled for her 2nd next month. My MIL is in a nursing home and has had both of her shots.

I don't expect to get mine anytime soon. I'm only 62 and no underlying health problems, so I'm pretty far down the list. I do hope that the production and distribution both pick up the pace as we get a little more experience at this. I hate the thought of going through another year of restrictions like last year.
                            Last edited by Bill Wilson; 01-29-2021, 01:30 PM.
                            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

As Rolf said, NY is a mess. As soon as you get a notice of availability, another notice comes in saying that all the slots are filled. And with eligibility now extending down to 65, which happened about a day after the 75+ group became eligible, you have to wonder who is running the show. Double masking, face shields, and social distancing are likely to be with us for quite a while.
                              Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X