No announcement yet.

What Toys did Santa Bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim that story sounds right out of a book!
    Yep Linda - it certainly could be. It was one heck of a 2 week trip. Totally unplanned and on a very tight budget.
    We drove through and camped amongst some amazing scenery from Skye through the Kyle of Lochalsh to Inverness, down Loch Ness to Fort William, on to Glen Coe, then to Loch Lomond and back to Glasgow. We had fantastic weather all the time until we hit the English Lake District where the heavens opened up again. It then rained all the way home. We never did make Wales!

What memories, and going back 52 years!
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

No toys here. I did get Dianne a Flour Sifter!
      Denny
      ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

An IOU for my Arbortech Ball Gouge for my spoon/bowl making as well as some inflatable drums for my Guinevere sanding system. Delivery here is awful so Bruce wanted to wait until after Christmas. Yeah, right. I sent stuff to the kids in Texas on 12/21 and they got it 12/23. Go figure. Linda, it has been bitter cold here in the evening and overnight. Last night was warm, 30 deg. Went out side around 11 and it was 45 and windy. Went out a few minutes ago and its 60 and warm! Had I known that I would have set up my grinder!! Oh well, I'm sure my desk is appreciating me finding the top of it. Got the cabinet cleaned off and out. Now I hear we are having company for the night. Some 7 year old who calls me Mimi.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have found out that when you buy all your appliances at the same time, they die at the same time. I did manage to fix the washing machine with an earth magnet.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

According to my wife when the fridge quit it was time to get the stove and microwave also. I agreed with her, when one goes the others can't be far behind. This will be our third fridge upstairs. But the fridge that Glenda got from her parents after college is still going strong. And she's been out of college for quite some time. Santa did keep us busy over Xmas. My brother in law fell from a gravity feeder a few weeks ago and snapped his arm clean in half. This meant an hour and half drive to the nearest hospital capable of dealing with it. They operated on him that same night. Then a week before Xmas he landed in the local hospital with blood clots in his lungs. A few nights later he had water in the basement apparently a window popped open and froze some pipes My wife has been helping with feeding cattle on weekends and my son stepped right up. He was there when the water leak happened, he was there when he landed in the ER with the blood clots. He kept telling Dennis not to worry he would take care of things. He's been spending most of his Xmas break up there. I had him show me what was involved in feeding the cattle. Tractors have changed a lot since the last time I was on one. Where he learned to drive one is beyond me because he didn't learn it from me. I finally finished paneling the basement, the shed door has been rehung. A majority of the scrap iron in the yard has been loaded up and ready to be hauled away. Brady went back home Saturday but turned around and went back up there Sunday night. The Friday Dennis landed in the hospital with blood clots Brady was so worried. He was supposed to go Minnesota to spend time with his girlfriend. He didn't know whether to stay or go. We told him to go. One of us could come up and help. But when the hospital said they were keeping him it was easier for him to leave. Very proud of my son. Even with his patience on showing Mom and Dad how to operate the front end loader on the tractor. Dan

Comment

A new tool cabinet/chest and work table to help me clean up the garage, I'm looking at laser engravers, but haven't decided on which one yet.
              Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Dan A, Your family sure has had an adventuresome Holiday season.

Tony, I just engraved another Dog image from a picture for someone whose dog just passed away.
                Dozer.jpg 3-1/2 inches in diameter.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

No new woodworking tools this year as I had to get another SUV. The frame broke on my other one
                  Tricia

Comment

Do to COVID-19 I didn’t get one thing I’m thankful to have my mom with us.
                    Dewalt 788

Comment

Rolf that's gorgeous.
                      Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Your talent has no bounds! Beautiful.
                        Betty

Comment

Tricia, did you take it rock climbing?

Betty I try to live by my philosophy written below. Plus being stubborn doesn't hurt. Lots of trial and error.
                          As with our scrolling hobby, designing patterns and, in this case editing the image so that it will scan, is the hard part.
                          Last edited by Rolf; 12-30-2020, 09:24 AM.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

What software are you using for the photo to laser Rolf?
                            Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

You have an amazing talent at whatever you try. Persistence and patience pays off. And if you ask anyone who knows me, patience is not my best virtue. That’s why I buy patterns and change some around. After all, I have to keep the designers in business!
                              Betty

Comment

I also got a new WiFi system. It is a ASUS mesh system and greatly improved my WiFi. And, my son was home and installed it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X