What Toys did Santa Bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Toys did Santa Bring?

My Angel gift was the head magnifier light, that came with an assortment of lenses. it is also rechargeable. Perfect for that small detail carving and painting. https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Magn...8993310&sr=8-4

And Santa brought me a car cover for my TVR along with a backup camera for it.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Santa brought me an assortment of Foredom "Typhoon" carving burs for my Dremel. He also bought me a bottle of 16 year old single malt scotch for after shop hours.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got a Ryobi flex shaft rotary carver. It uses the same batteries as my other tools. Goes up to 34K RPM. Have a couple of weddings in the coming year and I anticipate some carving on wedding gifts.
      And I think a new Pegas saw in the spring.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

A ceramic garage heater, to take the morning chill off the air when I want to work out there without shivering! Much needed.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

This morning our,”chill” was 17 deg. Right now it is 25 and dropping. Monday is supposed to be 50 and Thursday 60 than back down to 30 next week end. Can we say temperature whiplash?
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty....that is one big BRRRR. I think the only reason my hubby got me a heater was so I would quit coming inside to warm my icy fingers on his warm back. 😂 Not sure if it was a gift for me as much as it was for him! 🤣

Comment

No tools this year but Santa did bring me a cool T-shirt sd.jpg
              Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I got a Calavera leather shop apron from my daughters and I am loving it.

https://calaveratoolworks.com
                People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                https://www.carpentarbea.com

Comment

I got a10” sliding miter saw, more sawdust to come

Comment

I got a rock!

All kidding aside I got another year with my Beautiful wife of 51 Years
                    Last edited by Chuck Hans; 12-27-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

As most who have seen my previous Off Topic post a few days back I got a Delta 46-460 mini lathe.

I also share Scott's Scott taste in liquid refreshment. I usually buy a bottle of The Macallan each Christmas but this year I treated myself to a bottle of Talisker 18 year old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, a surprise find in my home town!

This brought back memories of a camping trip with two friends when I was 18. We started out driving to Wales from my home town of Derby in the Midlands, UK. The weather turned nasty with heavy rain to the south so we headed north to drive out of it. We finally cleared the bad weather somewhere north of Glasgow and kept driving up the western coast of Scotland until we came to the Isle of Skye. We took the ferry to the Isle and ended up camping behind Dunvegan Castle where we met a very nice old guy drinking whisky. He offered us a drink, then another and I'm not sure how many more as I don't remember much after that. In the morning we came across the empty bottle of Talisker. Its been my favourite Malt Scotch ever since with The Macallan coming in a close second.

Cheers!

Last edited by jim_mex; 12-28-2020, 01:09 PM.
                      Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Jim that story sounds right out of a book! Very cool.

Comment

No tools this year. Since we had a heat pump put in last March after the furnace died, replaced the dryer after it died in October, The refrigerator died about the same time. According to Santa if we're going to replace the fridge the logical thing to do is replace the stove and microwave as well. We've ordered those last three items but we are still waiting for delivery. The appliance store told us that it probably won't be until January (if we're lucky) but mostly likely they won't be here until February. So it's been a lot of running up and down the steps to the get stuff from the older fridge in the basement. Dan

Comment

I got a smaller 3d printer to learn about them. Of course, now, I will need to learn some Fusion360.

Comment

You know the thing about new toys (or appliances in Dan's case) is there is always a learning curve and one new thing ultimately leads to another.
                              Dan--I ordered a new Dewalt planer in September and got it in late October. Ordered a Shelix head for it in October with an ETA of mid-December. As of last week they say sometime in the spring. All the factories seem to be running behind. (But I do LOVE my DW735---thank you to everyone who recommended it).

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gary beasley
                                Reply to What do you think?
                                by Gary beasley
                                I tried a house vac once for a dust collector. It was prone to clogging the lines and when I tried to put a cyclone can on it the vacuum collapsed the garbage can.
                                Yesterday, 09:29 PM
                              • Gary beasley
                                Reply to Vases
                                by Gary beasley
                                I found this pattern in Steves catalog and freehanded a vase form. This one may appeal to the folks that bought the butterfly vase.
                                Yesterday, 09:25 PM
                              • Trackman
                                Reply to Vases
                                by Trackman
                                Sorry took so long to answer. The brown vase I added butterfly instead of doing wood burning. Wanted to keep them so they would appeal to several people. I sold all of them to a flower shop....
                                Yesterday, 05:13 PM
                              • Bill Wilson
                                Reply to My lucky day!
                                by Bill Wilson
                                Being younger than 65, with no qualifying health conditions, I don't anticipate getting a vaccine for some time. My wife works for the school district, so she may be eligible in the next phase. President Biden says that supply will be sufficient for all US adults by end of May. I'm hoping that proves...
                                Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                              • MidMich324
                                Reply to What do you think?
                                by MidMich324
                                Will a shop vac work for the table saw?.
                                Yesterday, 11:26 AM
                              Working...
                              X