Craft Knife blade holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Knife blade holder

I know that most people across different woodworking spectrums use many different kinds of tools, and one tool that spans many - are general purpose craft knives that hold Exacto type blades. I still spend most of my limited online time on a pen turning forum and today, one fellow posted a craft knife blade holder, something I have been wanting for a while, but haven't found exactly what I have wanted. I thought some of you may be interested in making your own "made to fit" craft knife. This guy makes the hardware part and the handle must be made by you.

https://www.penturners.org/threads/r.../#post-2095743

I don't think you have to be a member of IAP to see the posts.

In that thread above, you can see his offerings, and if you click on his link, you can pre-order the kits but will need to turn your own handle.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...RWGBQ/viewform

No, I don't have any connection with him other than both of us are members of IAP.
    Hank Lee
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

That makes for a really nice looking craft knife. Thank you for sharing!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Lee I was able to access with no problems. Those are great. It is something I might really consider.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I am very curious as to how the the slots were cut? The lathe work part of it is simple.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure screw instead against the blade.

While it is fascinating to see and I congratulate the fellow who makes the kits, it is way to expensive for me to even honestly consider purchasing. Especially when the blade holders are rather cheap to begin with.

One thing I am curious about is how the outer sleeve is kept in place since it appears there is no threading on it.

Karl
          Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

I would imagine that he used some kind of machining/slitting saw. It looks too fine to be a bandsaw or scroll saw. As to the outer band, I too am curious.
            Hank Lee
            Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X