X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Ornament Exchange

421B19D2-EEA6-4759-ADCE-C5DE70C4708D.pngOrnament Exchange 2020

I will be this year's host of the annual tradition. And since Christmas will be here before we know it I figured I'd get things started early.

Anyone that would like to participate, please send me the following information via PM or email. The cut off date will be Nov. 15 I'm hoping to get more people to sign up. I should have your list of addresses to you by the couple days after dead line . That should allow for enough time for those international packages. Of course, receiving ornaments in January is fun too. And it has happened before, so no worries.

Is there any suggestions on what i can do to encourage more people to sign up?

Please provide the following information if you would like to participate:

Name
    Address
    Board name
    How many ornaments you would like to make (anywhere from 1 to all

General Guidelines:

1. Ornament type/pattern is up to you.

2. You get to choose how many ornaments you would like to make. It can be anywhere from 1 to everyone in the group. The choice is yours. So even those folks on a limited income can participate. You do NOT have to send one to everyone in the swap.

3. You are responsible for all postage costs to send out your ornament. Be sure to take this into consideration when making your ornament and committing to the number you'll send out. Flat ornaments will be easier to package and cheaper to ship.

4. Please package your ornament securely. We've had issues in the past where ornaments were destroyed in transit because the postal machine was hungry for wood. Usually a little cardboard and a padded envelope will work. I wouldn't recommend putting your ornament into just a Christmas card or just an envelope and mailing it.

Please include your screen name from the boards in the package since most folks will recognize that name before they recognize your real name. Most folks include some type of card with their screen name and real name.

6. We try to wait until just about everyone has received their ornaments so that we don't ruin the surprise. Please wait until at least after christma to post pics.

7. Have fun. It's so much fun going to the mailbox hoping that you have another ornament waiting for you. Definitely much better than getting a pile of bills!

8. Please post on this page when you you receive the name list and when you receive your ornaments my mail.

9. PLEASE POST PICTURES OF ALL ORNAMENTS YOU RECEIVE

Any questions, please let me know

My Email Address is [email protected]

Thanks David

I will update This list as often as I can when I receive Your information. IF your Name is NOT on this list, then I dont have your in​​​​​​fo. Thanks

Ornament Name List.

1. NC Scroller
    2. wmbclocks
    3. Daddy’s scroller
    4. Rolf
    5. vgraf
    6. Meflick
    7. daveswoodworking
    8. tgiro01
    9. JStur23

Last edited by daveswoodworking; 10-21-2020, 01:07 PM.
    Dewalt 788

PM and email sent. Thanks David.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I would love to join again this year
      Tricia

Comment

• daveswoodworking
        daveswoodworking commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to know how many ornaments do you want to And is your address the same as last year

I am working on a pattern. Let me get the test cut done and I will advise.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Where it’s everyone I would like to have a few more to join the exchange this year.i may not be able to make any ornaments this year but I would like keep this exchange going for others exchange ornaments with each other
        I really in joy the ornaments that everyone makes the ornament exchange makes my year when it comes around
        Dewalt 788

Comment

Dave there were a number of people who signed up originally. I know this extra work but maybe send them a message using the message function on the top right of the screen.
          Scott

Comment

Dave I just sent you a message.
            I am in for 6 ornaments.
            Rolf
            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I signed up four four, Will you be sending the list of where to send my ornaments?

Comment

• daveswoodworking
                daveswoodworking commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I’ll send you the list of names and address to sent to after after the dead line
                Thank you for join the exchange

Sorry for my delayed response. I am in for the exchange. Looks like I make #6 on the list at present not including you Dave. I'm willing to make one for each on the list. Will email you my information momentarily.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

Just sent you my particulars -- sign me up for six. I promise to use a scroll saw this year.
                Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Just sent you an email.

Thanks for running this again.

Comment

Dave and group:
                    The weather and other projects have just about shut me down for the season, so I think I need to regretfully opt out this year.
                    But I will be watching for what I missed.
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post
                      Dave and group:
                      The weather and other projects have just about shut me down for the season, so I think I need to regretfully opt out this year.
                      But I will be watching for what I missed.
                      So Sorry. I hope things improve.
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by NC Scroller View Post

So Sorry. I hope things improve.
                        Nothing major. Since I cut on the patio, it's getting too cold and just a lot of family events stacking up.
                        Jim

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by will8989
                          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                          Today, 10:32 AM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                          Today, 09:46 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                          by NC Scroller
                          I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                          Today, 07:42 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          by NC Scroller
                          I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                          Today, 07:39 AM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                          Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                        Working...
                        X