Did you know..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know..

That poison ivy/oak/ or sumac rash can appear up to 3 weeks after contact? That if you have to go out and wear a mask, the rash on your face and neck becomes unbearable in 100 deg heat? That your 7year old grandson still thinks you look pretty even with red blotches on your neck and face but won’t kiss you so he doesn’t get blotches on his face? That I can’t wait for 2020 to be over.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

That can be some bad stuff. Been a long time since I was bothered by this. Did You Know: This can also get into the nose and mouth and throat. Back in the 70's I met two men at the Doctors Office that were being treated for Poison Oak in their nose, mouth, and throat. They had been cutting and burning brush that had lots of poison oak in it. No masks, breathing the smoke and the smoke brought it into their body.

Have a speedy recovery from this.

Larry
    Larry Davis
    Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Daughter has been fighting a run in with poison Ivy for a few weeks. A few years back, we had huge vines, some a few inches thick, going up our trees, and I cut a ton of it at the base to kill it, and wasn't affected. Not sure If I kept clear of it, or if I'm not allergic to it. My son climbed one of those trees before the cleanup, to rescue a cat, and got nailed.

2020, on the other hand, has nailed us all.
      Last edited by hotshot; 07-28-2020, 07:03 AM.
      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

First time ever I’ve had it. I read you can touch the leaves but if you break one that’s when the poison gets on you. So they say. Better today. Taking 2 Zyrtec a day and that helps greatly. I take one a day anyway for allergies.Now arms breaking out some but not much.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Did you know that as a kid I had poison ivy on my face so bad that my eyes were glued shut? That was in the dead of winter with over a foot of snow on the ground. All parts of the plant is poisonous year round.

Betty so sorry. Seems like every day in 2020 is another Friday the 13th.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Did you know my neighbor and I knew when the boys were in the woods playing because they had the rash in the same place?
            Betty

Comment

Oh my gosh. At least you don't have to worry about the general public coming near you and exposing you to Covid......your blotches will make them keep a very socially distant distance!
              Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

LOL! But first I have to go somewhere. I am staying at home as it is too darn hot to go any place! Bruce is doing all the running for me. I should be able to cover everything with make up for Elliott's party on Sunday. Stay cool!!
                Betty

Comment

That is not fun especially with hot weather. I have had small areas of poison oak and took forever to get over. When it was real itchy, I tried a ice pack on it and helped some.

Comment

Almost over this itchy problem. Just some on my left arm and leg. Caladryl was my friend. I would just dump some on and smear around! Down to my regular daily allergy pill but that helped a lot also. Did have to change my follow up appointment with the eye doctor until middle of August.
                    Betty

Comment

I use Ivy dry. It works about the best
                      Tricia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                        Reply to Planer and jointer opinions wanted
                        by Rolf
                        Betty is the feed belt centered? Do you hear it when the drum is spinning or when just the feed belt is on?
                        I have had the sanding belt stretch, they do that over time, and there was enough hanging out to just kiss the table.
                        Today, 03:30 PM
                      • Bill Wilson
                        Reply to Winter issue
                        by Bill Wilson
                        I got mine the other day. Also noticed a dearth of Christmas themed projects. I don't recall seeing much Christmas stuff in the Fall issue either. I look forward to new ornament ideas, but those were lacking this year.

I do understand some of the constraints in publishing a magazine these...
                        Today, 02:49 PM
                      • Bill Wilson
                        by Bill Wilson
                        Well, this topic can present a lot of opinions and options. First, if you are seriously considering helical cutting heads, would you take the next step and upgrade to a stationary, floor model planer? Perhaps even a used one. I don't know how much space you have and what your shop power options are,...
                        Today, 02:13 PM
                      • will8989
                        by will8989
                        Our super max has been making a noise that sounds like paper caught but we can’t pinpoint anything. Cleaned what we could, Bruce used dry lubricant, which sounds like an oxymoron to me, and still makes the noise. Started quietly now is louder. Any suggestions before we call for warranty work? I’m...
                        Today, 01:57 PM
                      • Don in Brooklin On
                        Virtual Wood Show
                        by Don in Brooklin On
                        Due to Covid-19 all events in Ontario have been cancelled including the Wood Show in Toronto. It was a great event but this year it is going to go virtual.

They will have a number of seminars and the ability to tour vendor sites. Not sure how it all works. It will be FREE but you can pay...
                        Today, 12:56 PM
                      Working...
                      X