2020 just keeps on giving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 just keeps on giving

Bruce needs a right shoulder replacement. He gets his mri tomorrow than has a follow up in 3 weeks to set up the surgery. He wants to get everything done here and prep the wood I’ll need. Yippee
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Yes 2020 the year from #@$%&. Well it seems that way for just about every person l know. Praying things will get better.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Guess it'll be your turn to do the housework (LOL).

On the brighter side, I hope you're enjoying seeing things clearly without glasses--I found it quite amazing. It's too bad that you're not getting a break, but as long as it's something that can be fixed, there's an end in sight! Best wishes to Bruce on his upcoming surgery.

Stay well, and celebrate the things that ARE working out!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Stay positive Betty and I am sure all things will work out well for Bruce and yourself going forward.

Same goes to many of us on this forum who have been challenged in one way or another this year.

We rise to challenges!
        Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Wish him luck with the surgery. Also to take the rehab seriously no matter how much it hurts. how are your eyes, is that all done now?
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Sorry to hear, I told someone the other day on July 1, you know the best thing about today - it’s July 1 so half of 2020 is done! Hope all goes smoothly for him and you. Maybe someone else can come in and do the housework. 😉
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

For the last couple months we have been attending a Zoom happy hours with our closest friends (10-12 couples). What was that old ATT&T commercial "The next best things to being there". The other week we said we are all going the gather on 01/01/2021 and burn any and all 2020 calendars.
              Scott
              Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

My eyes are doing good. Will be seeing the eye doctor once a week until all drops are finished for the left eye, end of July. Then back to regular twice yearly visits. Carole, I still look for my glasses in the morning when I get up. Sometimes I reach up to take them off, then remember they aren’t there! It’s an amazing bright world. I still can’t get over how bright the kitchen is. And the dark corners in the room aren’t dark anymore!! Rolf, Bruce will be just fine. He says if you are 10 minutes early, you’re on time. 5 minutes early, you’re late. His appointment this morning was for 9:30. He left at 8:30, it’s 20 minutes from here. He will do everything for pt to the exact requirement. He will be in a loose sling for 4 weeks. Which means I have to drive the truck.😮He would have been a good drill sergeant. Tear them down then build them back up. Happy 4th everyone.
                Last edited by will8989; 07-03-2020, 09:51 AM.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Best wishes for Bruce and I am glad to hear you are doing well with your eyes.
                  Jim
                  When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                  Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Best wishes for great results and speedy recovery!
                    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Hang in there Bruce it bound to get better, and a safe and speedy recovery to you.
                      Someone say tool or lumber sale I am out of here

Comment

I assume Bruce is right handed. He will be in for a surprise when he realizes just how short his left is. This is the voice of experience.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• daveswoodworking
                          Reply to Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                          by daveswoodworking
                          My poor garden and wishing well and 3-d eagle...
                          Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                        • daveswoodworking
                          Hurricane winds hit Iowa
                          by daveswoodworking
                          We had over 100 mph winds that hit my town and several towns and counties in Iowa a lot of people with out power I just got our power back tonight their a lot of damage through out town and lot of power line down too lots of roof gone corn lying flat their a sample of the damage the town park got heavily...
                          Yesterday, 10:52 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Cancelled
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          I'm in the same boat. I get most of my sales surrounding demonstrations I do at the fairs. They've been cancelled. I do have a couple of orders from repeat customers, but that's all. Kind of a let down emotionally. My new toy money is on hold. Boooooo....
                          Yesterday, 09:52 PM
                        • Dan A
                          Reply to Pegas saw has arrived
                          by Dan A
                          I like that PDF. This is something that Denny brought up on the phone last Friday as well. I told Denny that afternoon that the set screws would be something that I would not have thought of. We also talked about tightening the blade to much. I seem to have the tendency to over tighten the bottom clamp....
                          Yesterday, 08:20 PM
                        • jim_mex
                          Reply to Coincidences and obsidian
                          by jim_mex
                          Hi guys - today I obtained a little more info of the obsidian crafter I am soon to meet. His name his Juan Castelan Mata. In 1987 he was selected by a local comissionary (foundation) to learn the craft of modelling and sculpting obsidian. After learning the basics of working with this stone he set up...
                          Yesterday, 06:56 PM
                        Working...
                        X