Finally, I got my retirement/70th birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, I got my retirement/70th birthday present

Late Tuesday evening in the middle of a downpour the sales guy from Honda finally delivered my long awaited retirement/70th birthday present exactly 3 months from the day I bought and paid for it!

Honda don't normally deliver bikes outside of the Mexico City area but I found out that although the agency is still offically closed because of the Covid-19 business restrictions the sales guy couldn't receive his sales commission until I offically signed off on receipt of the bike so he did a deal with the agency driver to deliver it in person.

Yesterday I set about adding some accessories including crash bars, handlebar grip protection, handlebar raisers to make riding a little more confortable and a louder horn to warn folks to get out of my way!

I hope to get it registered and insured tomorrow and finally have it ready to take out on the road at the weekend. The only cloud on the horizon is literally clouds on the horizon! After almost 3 months of dry sunny weather it was raining hard for a good part of yesterday and has continued since mid morning today. Fingers crossed this depression blows out by the weekend!

So here you have it. My Honda NC 750x DCT mid range adventure/commuter mean machine which definitely looks better than the owner!!

Vroom, Vroom!

jims bike 02.jpg
    jims bike 01.jpg
    Last edited by jim_mex; 06-25-2020, 05:53 PM.
    Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
    - Albert Einstein

Sweet looking machine! Enjoy, but be safe!

Karl
    Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Some things are worth the wait. Looks like time paid off for you.
      Jim
      When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
      Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I do not know anything about motorcycles but I see one happy guy!

Comment

Jim,

Great to hear you got the bike. safe journey's.
          cwmagee
          aka Fibber
          Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Nice toy...Hope it serves you well.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks guys - I'd be less than honest if I didnt say that I am itching to get this bike on the road. As soon as the Covide-19 restrictions ease off I want to start exploring some interesting areas around Central Mexico, in particular some places known as centers for indigenous craftwork.

Additionally, some of you folk, especially Jim Mc, will likely remember from several years back a donation drive Jim and I put together with the assistance of forum members to buy blades for a friend of mine, Miguel Becera, who lives in the state of Morelia. Miguel runs a scrollsaw workshop for disadvantaged scrollers. His workshop goes under the name of Ingtarsia and you can find him on Facebook by searching for Ingtarsia arte en madera - well worth the visit!

Miguel's shop has had a number of financial ups and downs over the years but with the help of some local sponsors and a little government support he is still going strong and producing some beautiful work. He is also now taking in youngsters from the local community in his home town of Zacapu and training them in scrolling and other woodcraft skills.

I spoke with Miguel last week and he is eager to have me visit him so he can show me how his shop has progressed since we last got together almost 7 years back. I also want to take the opportunity to develop my video editing skills and see if I can produce a small documentary video for him to tell the world his story and share the amazing work he does for his community.

Zacapu is situated in a beautiful part of Mexico and some of the scenery close by is breathtaking and now I have the bike I aim to take in as much as I can.

So, thats it. As Scott noted, I have my new 'toy' and I mean to enjoy it to the full!

Cheers
              Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats on the new machine. Happy Trails to You!
                Denny
                ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Nice scoot!

Hope you enjoy many hours and many miles on that machine. Looking forward to reading your posts on the adventures you have.
                  Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Enjoy and keep the shiny side up.

Comment

Enjoy the bike and travel safe. Be sure to keep us filled in on your adventures.
                      "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Has it REALLY been that long since we did the blade drive? Wow! We had a blast doing that. I think I remember the total being somewhere around 150+ dozen blades.
                        Jim
                        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Time certainly flies Jim.
                          Miguel was reminding me of how appreciative he was of those blades. They helped him at a time when he really needed help and I was very pleased to hear that he has weathered the storm and he is still providing a tremendous assistance to his community as well as teaching an art forum to the younger generation.

The guy commands my utmost respect and admiration.
                          Jim in Mexico

- Albert Einstein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X