Eye surgery tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye surgery tomorrow

Finally!! Right eye tomorrow and left in 2 weeks. I figured it out and I will be going to the eye doctor once or twice a week for the next 6 weeks. Sure glad his office is close by. I have lots to do that doesn’t involve any sawing for awhile. Best thing I can’t do is housework for a week!! Wonder what Bruce is fixing for dinner tomorrow?🍤🍝 🥩
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

If this is cataract surgery, be sure to follow the post op directions with the eye drops

regardless good luck
    Jim
    Texas - The Republic
    With the exception of hand guns and Tequila, computers have caused more problems than anything else

Comment

Good luck! You will get really good at getting the eye drops in your eye!
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Wish you the best, Betty.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Denny said it. We are all hoping and wishing for the best.
          As for dinner, Bruce is an inventive guy.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Good luck Betty, hope all goes well and you have a quick recovery. Don't spare on the aftercare!
            Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Best wishes and prayers Betty for a speedy recovery and great results. I hope you get a good dinner from Bruce. 😉
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

Betty good luck and a speedy recovery
                cwmagee
                aka Fibber
                Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

10 seconds for the cataract to be lazer cut, 22 seconds to be removed, 3 minutes for sterilizing area around eye, new lense in place, and home within 1 1/2 hours. The doctor has called twice today, appt tomorrow morning, one next week, then the following week start with the left eye. Everything is so bright!!! Still some blurring but double vision finally cleared up. I was given a chart that I can check off when I put the drops in so I don’t forget. Slept most of the day as I was given a light iv sedative to relax and just Incase they needed it. Time for drops.
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Great news from the world of medicine.
                    Question is: what did Bruce do about dinner. Curious minds want to know.
                    Jim
                    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Fantastic new Betty. Modern surgery is amazing!
                      Glad to hear that you are seeing the immediate benefits ( no pun intended!).

Take care and follow the docs orders.

Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
                      - Albert Einstein

Comment

Just got back from the doctor and I’m doing great. Since I’m having problem with depth perception from wearing my glasses with just the left lense in, he’s moving my surgery up to next Tuesday. I just don’t wear them. Vision went from not being able to see the big E to 20/30. As for dinner, Bruce fixed hamburgers on the grill and macaroni salad. He took good care of me. He’s at the sawmill this morning. First time since March. They have inquiries of people wanting to buy lumber since there’s a shortage. It’s so bright outside!!!
                        Betty

Comment

Glad to hear that all went well with your surgery Betty and things are going so well. Isn’t it amazing how quickly they can go in and do this surgery.

Sounds like Bruce did indeed take good care of you. I had the same surgery essentially on both my eyes just before the lock downs started. (I didn’t actually have cataracts to remove, but such vision problems and changes I wanted the lens replacements.) Like you, the difference was tremendous and immediate. My husband said I was simply ”Guiddy”. 😂 He was right, I was 😁 so so happy to have good vision again. 3+ months later and I am still so happy with my vastly improved eye sight with no glasses or contacts to mess with. I pray that yours continue to do as well. Stay on top of those drops for sure!
                          Melanie from East TN

Comment

I was scheduled to have one done the week before the lock down but the doctor cancelled it because he wanted another mapping of my eyes because the change was so great. Lucky me it didn't go through. When I was at the doctors office, the tech working with me said that anyone that had it done right before the lockdown did not get any follow ups and they had to deal with it the whole time. Which was really crappy if you only had one done. I can't wear my glasses now because the depth perception is too far off. I told my doctor this morning it was just like when I would lose a contact and had to wait for the replacement. The change with just the one eye is amazing, but I can't do much close up work. Oh well. Conversation with Bruce: You know I can't do any housework for one week, right. Bruce - yes. Me: That means I can't do any housework until next Tuesday and he moved my surgery up to next Tuesday, (she said with a smile on her face). Bruce - (after thinking for a few seconds) - Well played, Will, well played. Me: Yeah I thought it was. You're stuck with the housework for 2 weeks. LOL!
                            Betty

Comment

Round two tomorrow. Glad it was moved up. Wonky vision is no fun.
                              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X