Conversation with Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation with Bruce

crafters aren’t allowed at the farmers market at this time, so Bruce is finishing up some projects. One of them is putting down baseboards so we can get the carpet. After hearing some “words” I go see what is going on. What’s wrong? The nails won’t stay in where the stud is supposed to be. Check for me. I check with the stud finder and it’s right where it’s supposed to be. Well, these ____ _____ nails aren’t staying in. Bruce it’s right here where the finder says. He tries a few more and nothing. The boards are pulling a way. Bruce, do you have nails in the nail Gun? Amazing how it works when there’s nails in there. It was just leaving holes no nails going in. Imagine being quarantined with him.🤪🤪🤪
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Sounds like the nails and nail gun were practicing a little social distancing??
    Larry Davis
    Using wood rescued from the fire pit. My story told with a log.

Member Callahan Area Woodworking Group, Clyde, Texas

Comment

Invisible nails I hope he did not use them in the cabinets he made.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You two must be a laugh all the time, RJ
        Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

He used Kreg screws, about 1000 of them Scott. Laugh isn’t the word I would use sometimes.
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Sounds like something I might do.
            "Time to Give Back"

Comment

Too funny!! - Brings back memories of me doing something similar with a heavy duty upholstery staple gun.
              Last edited by jim_mex; 05-23-2020, 10:58 AM.
              Jim in Mexico

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, it's not exactly the same but I remember shortly after we got married my wife preheated the oven, put the roasting pan in, came back about an hour later to check the roast and the pan was empty. The roast was still in refrigerator.

Dan

Comment

LOL, I think we all have those moments. We have a dual oven and the wrong one gets turned on occasionally. Being a wise man I say nothing, but a small snicker may be heard.
                  Why not put the baseboard down after the carpet goes in?
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

It is 5/8” off the floor for the carpet to go under it. The tile floor in the dining room is higher than the wood floor in the living room and the baseboard will meet in 2 places and needs to be even. And, more importantly, his brother the contractor told him to do it that way. That’s how he does it when he remodels homes so he doesn’t have to go back after carpet is laid to do baseboard.
                    Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X