Mag Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag Suggestion

Ok being a Canadian and a carver I would love to see a issue or two done about the Canadian carvers. I knew there has been coverage of different shows in Canada but how about more info on Canadian carvers and suppliers.

Currently if I want good quality tools I have to mail order or drive 3 hours to the store . Ordering out of the USA is fine but man the exchange rate is killing me.

Jeff

Re: Mag Suggestion

Jeff - can't do much about the exchange rate, but on you tools if you haven't tried them yet kmstools.com if the site for KMS Tools & Equipment. They are located in Canada someplace and have very good prices on Pfiel tools.

Remember when I was a kid living in N. Minn. on the border - the exachange rate was so close to even we took each others money at face value. Used to go across and buy strawberry jam can't remember the name of it but it was better than anything in the U.S. at least that we could get.

Comment

Re: Mag Suggestion

Hey Jeff not sure where you live but have you tried Lee Valley tools www.Leevalley.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
        Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
        by jim_mex
        Good observation Scott! You found a mistake on my side

The shop extension should read 11ft, not 13ft! I screwed up my conversion from cms to feet and inches.

You had me worried though that I'd screwed up the placement holes for the uprights and cross beams so I just went...
        Today, 01:58 PM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
        by NC Scroller
        Just curious about the 13' extension. Building material, especially sheet goods are in 4' increments. Why 13'?...
        Today, 12:11 PM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to How’s that warm weather RJ?
        by jim_mex
        Hi folks - I really feel sorry for you people north of the border.

Here in Central Mexico, apart from a couple of days at the end of January where we had a couple of showers in the evenings we have seen hardly any clouds in the sky during the day since the New Year and although we 've...
        Today, 12:02 PM
      • jim_mex
        Reply to Blue Heron
        by jim_mex
        Wow! - this a stunning piece!

In particular the head is so lifelike it feels like if you got too close to this bird he (or she) would reach out and nip you with its beak....
        Today, 11:52 AM
      • planeur
        Reply to Blue Heron
        by planeur
        Hello Jo,
        It is me again , and after a close look of you Heron, WOW so much details and fine cuts. Was it a gift ?
        Just found the cie which sell the pattern ( in canada )

Have a good day.

planeur
        Today, 11:15 AM
      Working...
      X