Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Hi
    does anyone have woodsmith magazine I lost my issue 173 it has the candle center piece can I measurement of it or maybe a copy of the page about building the candle center piece please
    thank you for any help and your time
    im planning on making it for my mom for christmas
    Dewalt 788

Sorry can't help you with that one.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Sorry I do not have that issue. I did see it offered on ebay. Looks like the only way to get the back issues from Woodsmith is via a digital service.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I tryed woodsmith store with no luck I called them and asked they told me they had it so I made a hour drive one way to get the pattern when I got their they told me they never had any patterns like that ever what a wasted trip I'm hopping to make it for a Christmas gift other wise I'll have to find something else instead
        thanks for your time
        Dewalt 788

Comment

How can I remove this post so I don't get anyone in trouble for helping me or break the COPYRIGHT LAW
          Dewalt 788

Comment

Originally posted by daveswoodworking View Post
            How can I remove this post so I don't get anyone in trouble for helping me or break the COPYRIGHT LAW
            Dave it falls under "stuff" happens. The posts in questions have been removed. NO ONE is in trouble.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by daveswoodworking View Post
              Ethically, you are certainly in the "right" since you already purchased the rights to that content. I suspect legally, that would protect you as well. When you buy a magazine, you don't really own the content, you just own the right to "use" that content. This is an interesting thought excercise.
              Last edited by hotshot; 11-06-2019, 12:38 PM.
              "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

I am not a lawyer nor do I claim to be an expert but based on what I have experienced on other forums this is what I understand. You can ask if anyone has a copy of a publication you need or knows where you can get one. If someone has a copy of the publication they can legally give it to you (the entire publication) or sell it to you (the entire publication) but they can not copy it in part or whole and give either the copy or original to you.

I hope that makes sense. The question / issue comes up frequently on various web forums, blogs, pinterest, facebook.,,,,,,,
                Scott

Comment

Ive seen woodsmith store selling photo copy's of patterns all the time from different issue of magazine all the time and even on eBay people selling patterns when you get it it's a copy not the original pattern like they say
                  Dewalt 788

Comment

is this the one your looking for? https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/...e-centerpiece/
                    Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                      Reply to Pegas saw
                      by will8989
                      Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
                      Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
                      Today, 09:01 PM
                    • vgraf
                      Reply to Pegas saw
                      by vgraf
                      Rolf,
                      Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
                      Today, 07:34 PM
                    • vgraf
                      Reply to Price Tags
                      by vgraf
                      I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
                      Today, 07:22 PM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Pegas saw
                      by Rolf
                      I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
                      Today, 05:23 PM
                    • Jim McDonald
                      Reply to Shawl pins
                      by Jim McDonald
                      Not something I would probably do--but great work and excellent detail. Thanks for sharing the images and patterns.
                      Today, 03:56 PM
                    Working...
                    X