Conversation with Bruce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation with Bruce

At the market today Bruce was talking about getting some more wire stands for his sea urchins. Me - didn’t you buy some sort of something to make your own wire stands a few years ago that was rather expensive. Bruce - sure did. Me - so tell me again why we have to buy stands when you can make them. He has so much stuff he doesn’t remember what he has. This was something he had to have when he saw the fancy stand a turner made for his ornament.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I hate to admit it but we guys like our toys. He who dies with the most toys wins.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Well, not only did you "get" him, you got a bunch of us also. When my wife asks me about buying a new tool that I already have somewhere, I ask her where she put it that I can't find it now! Then I duck!

I might be disorganized, but I remember where I last used my tools. Organization throws everything out of place!
      Hank Lee
      Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

First he has to use it to remember where he put it. I’m sure he’ll find it today.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I have to confess, I may be as bad as my hubby (maybe worse but don't tell him that. ) So now, you have my interest peaked on what that tool was Betty! Let us know when he finds it again!
          Melanie from East TN

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
            Reply to My fourth scroll saw in my shop.
            by Jim Finn
            Rolf;
            The saw I have is also a 2005 or 6. It cuts well but seems noisy and when I get the blade tensioned, how I want it, the tension release lever near the blade swings forward and loosens the tension. I now have a rubber band holding it down as I run the saw. I have tried adjusting the...
            Today, 09:58 PM
          • will8989
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by will8989
            Bob, thewoodworkingshows.com Baltimore is 1/3-1/5. Lately it seems they always have space. And it’s not that far for you to travel!
            Hegner converted their top blower to a vacuum which I really like. What needs to be changed on the Pegas saw? I don’t want to buy something than need to change...
            Today, 09:01 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by vgraf
            Rolf,
            Most blowers blow the dust from the left side to keep the cutting line clear. Did you disconnect your blower so that the vacuum system sucks the dust from the left keeping the pattern lines clear?
            Today, 07:34 PM
          • vgraf
            Reply to Price Tags
            by vgraf
            I found some small tags at Hobby Lobby. They were in the Jewelry materials section.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jew...p/13171-TI0524

They were about 3/8" x 5/8".

$4.99 for a packet...
            Today, 07:22 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to Pegas saw
            by Rolf
            I added a trap to catch the small pieces that I don't want to lose. Also a simple swivel so I can swing the top part out of the way without messing with the upper nozzle. I did not glue the joints in case I get a clog. ...
            Today, 05:23 PM
          Working...
          X