Wacom tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom tablet

This is a question for those that do their own designs. Do any of you use a Wacom tablet when using your design software. ?
    I looking for setup suggestions.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I have given it thought in the past, especially when I had access to them when I was substitute teaching.
    Never pulled the trigger and since I spend so much time in front of computer, it may retirement before I try.
    Jim
    When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
    Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Sorry I never used the Wacom. When I was force to replace my computer (due to failed updates), I bought a touch screen & bamboo pen, which I now used for designing.
      Donna
      www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

I have one. If you can draw/sketch, it can be of great benefit. It does have some glitchy aspects, but so does every piece of hardware and software I've tried. Some of the glitches I resolved using google suggestions. I've had mine for 2-3 years. It's still not intuitive to me.
        Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Thanks Linda, I think it really takes a deliberate focus to get comfortable with it. Every time I try using mine I got frustrated and reverted back to my mouse. What software are you using it with?
          Last edited by Rolf; 09-21-2019, 09:01 AM.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have tried really hard with Inkscape and Paint. Dabbled in a few others. Mostly I find it to be a glorified mouse that I have to be overly carefuly to keep my hand off of the surface while using. True graphite and paper artists don't allow their hand to brush the paper because the graphite would smear. It's the same for the the Wacom tablet and pencil...it senses my hand too much if I don't maintain perfect "posture", and then everything else goes awry.
            Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I have a Wacom tablet for several years, I too find it frustrating to use. I have never been able to get comfortable with the eye hand coordination that a tablet requires. I find the mouse far more convenient. I know that there those swear by it, I swear at it.
              cwmagee
              aka Fibber
              Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X